And then the club wonder why

Guest intercity0wl

Guest Go For It Owl

Southampton didn't have a problem with the flag !

Do wednesday ask the away fans that regularly cover the leppings lane end with flags to bring a fire cert with every flag ?

Surely the away fans dont get treated better than the home fans at S6 ?????

DO THEY ????

I'll be back in a bit when I've had a chat with Mr John Rutherford (AKA - The person responsible for illegally withholding my flag) !!

First of all I fully appreciate the rules and regulations that we as a club have to follow. Though as far as H + S is concerned its gone way too far. I'm sure in a couple of years time we won't be allowed to go out of our front door just because something MIGHT happen to us !!!!

Or all matches will be behind closed doors because its far too dangerous for fans to venture down to s6 ( though I must say its not doing my health much good at the moment) !!!

Okay here we go !

Apparently during a game in Scotland a large flag was being surfed accross the crowd ! Then someone set fire to it and a supporter breathed in some toxic fumes, suffered an asthmatic attack and died !!!!! (can someone confirm if this is true ?) (Apologies MR R if it is)

The club say that since that incident sheffield council contacted them and said that all flags must have a fire certificate. Apparently all away flags are certified !!!!

Strange how other clubs (especially near the mersey) are allowed to have flags, flags on sticks, stand up on their kop etc !!! Seems we're the ones suffering for other peoples mistakes !!!!

It seems our council and club really do care !

They just don't like us enjoying ourselves !

Or think we are capable of looking after ourselves

I'm being told I need to pop down to the local South yorkshire fire and rescue office to get a cert !

On the way I'll drop in at the council offices to ask for permission to go down the shops !!!!

WTID UTO WU11

First of all I fully appreciate the rules and regulations that we as a club have to follow. Though as far as H + S is concerned its gone way too far. I'm sure in a couple of years time we won't be allowed to go out of our front door just because something MIGHT happen to us !!!!

Or all matches will be behind closed doors because its far too dangerous for fans to venture down to s6 ( though I must say its not doing my health much good at the moment) !!!

Okay here we go !

Apparently during a game in Scotland a large flag was being surfed accross the crowd ! Then someone set fire to it and a supporter breathed in some toxic fumes, suffered an asthmatic attack and died !!!!! (can someone confirm if this is true ?) (Apologies MR R if it is)

The club say that since that incident sheffield council contacted them and said that all flags must have a fire certificate. Apparently all away flags are certified !!!!

Strange how other clubs (especially near the mersey) are allowed to have flags, flags on sticks, stand up on their kop etc !!! Seems we're the ones suffering for other peoples mistakes !!!!

Or think we are capable of looking after ourselves

I'm being told I need to pop down to the local South yorkshire fire and rescue office to get a cert !

On the way I'll drop in at the council offices to ask for permission to go down the shops !!!!

WTID UTO WU11

OK - A valid reason for large flags to require a fire cert.

When is a flag considered not large enough to surf, or more importantly, to become trapped under?

Classic example of SWFC applying the rules but not applying a single iota of common sense.

It will probably fizzle out after a while ( no pun intended ) like the photo ID cards that the club told us were absolutely essential to comply with official requirements.

The same ID cards that were dropped like a hot potato when the club discovered that they were so unpopular that they were affecting ticket sales,

Guest Go For It Owl

That is disgraceful Kev.

I haven't heard of this death in Scotland Go For It Owl. When was it?

Don't know !

I'll ask him Saturday as he asked me to pop in and see him when we go to pick up the "toxic internally combusting death flag" !

He did say the club were watching this thread !!!! So this will give the club plenty of time to find out where the scottish incident happened !!!!

C u saturday Mr Rutherford !

Edited by Go For It Owl

Don't know !

I'll ask him Saturday as he asked me to pop in and see him when we go to pick up the "toxic internally combusting death flag" !

He did say the club were watching this thread !!!! So this will give the club plenty of time to find out where the scottish incident happened !!!!

C u saturday Mr Rutherford !

Find out and let me know. I'm very interested.

Guest waistline ye diddle

Surely the away fans dont get treated better than the home fans at S6 ?????

Yes, they are treated to a guaranteed 3 points everytime they visit.

Guest intercity0wl

Must have been fairly recent cos it seems like a new directive. Amazed there's no coverage to be found at the moment.

Maybe its yet to happen, maybe there is a time machine somwhere in the bowls of Hillsborough that our previous financial director alluded to when the famous Black hole first came to light.

Will be interesting to see exactly when this Scottish football disaster occured that Mr Rutherford has mentioned to justify one of the many stupid regulations in place at S6

As far as I’m aware fire certificates are no longer given out by the Fire Authorities. Each individual business owner is responsible for undertaking risk assessments are managing the risks themselves. All items sold must be CE marked which are the new EU kite marks. Not sure what your category your flag comes under, but if the material bought is fire retardant, which it should be really, the paint should be a non-issue as the material can't burn!

You are waiting for Rutherford to confirm - right? Mr same guy who allowed the pipes to freeze over Christmas and subsequently sent the club into turmoil thereafter - bit harsh but true (nearly)

Having read this thread I'm almost speechless.

The lack of common sense coupled with a jobsworth attitude is just outstanding.

What was the phrase again?

"Well run club"

Its wound me up bit this thread.

I hate all this jobsworth sh!te.

At a time when we need every fan we can get and the club treat people like this.

I'm falling out with the f00kers again fast and i really dont want to. :angry: