And then the club wonder why

Guest intercity0wl

I was going to post that as it's a rule that things like flags etc have fire certificates then it's obvious there'd be a problem. You have a certificate so I was thinking 'well done lads, good stuff'. Then I got to the bit about the paint and lost the will to live. Youre right, you couldn't make it up. I hope the flag is submerged in water at the moment in case it goes up in flames, taking the whole stadium with it.

Guest intercity0wl

Daft rule but that is the way of the world isn't it.

I was sat near the incident and what really annoyed me was the pathetic little scrotes giving abuse to the stewards. It isn't their fault that they have to follow the daft orders it it? I think that most of them think it is a daft rule as well.

Are these rules just for sheffield Wednesday or is it just that other clubs do not follow them, or dont give their stewards daft orders as you put it.

Have a good look around at grounds we visiit and at games on the box and look at the amount of flags on empty seats and amongst the crowd, come to think about it i took a couple of my nieces to the game last night nd they were both wearing Wednesday scarves that were not bought from official sources, so i would very much doubt they had any fire resistent material in them at all, do you see what im getting at.

Everybody should approach a steward on Saturday and complaine that you are not happy that the bloke very close is wearing clothes that are may be a danger to you should they ignite for some reason and you want them removing for your safety if no fire certificate can be produced.

Yep your right that absolutly bloody stupid aint it, so whats the difference, come to think of it how many people last night were sat next to somebody who had in their pocket one of them cheap refilable lighters that have a history of exploding for no reason.

Guest Stereophonics

Are these rules just for sheffield Wednesday or is it just that other clubs do not follow them, or dont give their stewards daft orders as you put it.Have a good look around at grounds we visiit and at games on the box and look at the amount of flags on empty seats and amongst the crowd, come to think about it i took a couple of my nieces to the game last night nd they were both wearing Wednesday scarves that were not bought from official sources, so i would very much doubt they had any fire resistent material in them at all, do you see what im getting at.

Everybody should approach a steward on Saturday and complaine that you are not happy that the bloke very close is wearing clothes that are may be a danger to you should they ignite for some reason and you want them removing for your safety if no fire certificate can be produced.

Yep your right that absolutly bloody stupid aint it, so whats the difference, come to think of it how many people last night were sat next to somebody who had in their pocket one of them cheap refilable lighters that have a history of exploding for no reason.

I don't quite understand what you are getting at. I completley understand that the action at Hillsborough is way over the top but do you genuinly think that it is the stewards who decide that they have to come down or that they relish being verbally abused by some little mouthy throw pots?

Guest intercity0wl

I don't quite understand what you are getting at. I completley understand that the action at Hillsborough is way over the top but do you genuinly think that it is the stewards who decide that they have to come down or that they relish being verbally abused by some little mouthy throw pots?

You said that they were just following Daft orders, daft orders that dont seem to be given out so readily at other clubs i go to, your right the actions at Hillsborough are well over the top, and not just on this issue, which is one of a number of reason why going to games at S6 is less enjoyable than going to other stadia.

Lastly can i ask, have you a problem with the young noisy fans noisy scroats and throw pots trying to create an atmosphere at games, as it seems to be the point you are trying to push in your posts in this thread ?, by the way im well past being young myself but would love it if there were loads more noisy B&Q Paint buying, Flag Making throw pots down at S6 games

There was no verbal abuse, just a bit of good natured banter, most of the stewards seemed embarrased at what they had to do and this was recognised by all those involved - perhaps you would like to reveal what you saw or heard?

I challenge anybody on here to write anything as funny as this scene which was apparently played out on thr kop last night and involved the removal of the flag they had put together.

Now i know many dont rate this ultra thing, but whatver your views on them i think you will all agree that you could not make this stuff up SWFC do sometimes invite the ridicule they get, below are a few things written about last nights comedy gold.

It was taken down by stewards after consultation with the chief fire officer who needed to check our fire certificate! Following this it was returned to its owner on the grounds that "although the fabric was covered by the fire certificate ...we had presented, the paint (B&Q emulsion) was not". At this point I commented that such a flammable item should not be placed in a plastic bag (also with no fire certificate..) and that it should be removed immediatley before the inevitable disaster struck. This caused confusion amongst the yellow jackets and they finally insisted that it should be removed to the safety of the stadium control box where it could be collected later. On attempting to collect it after the match we were told that it was being detained (inside the ground that it was banned from!) pending further discussions. God help us. God help SWFC................................. Goodnight.

Just done a little experiment (3 quid down the drain) and i can confirm that the Match Day programmes sold by the club to be freely taken in to the stadium are not fire resistant, and burm very well, wonder how many items sold in the club shop prior to games have this certificate, which its self i presume also has a fire certificte.

I am slightly worried as many walls in my house are covered in the same "flammable" paint.

I actually threatened to call 999 and report a theft last night - by this time though it was past 10 o'clock and we were losing the will to live - it's hard to reason with people who are blindly following illogical orders and are therefore unable to justify them.

If only they'd take more time and effort to play football and run the club

Guest Go For It Owl

Are these rules just for sheffield Wednesday or is it just that other clubs do not follow them, or dont give their stewards daft orders as you put it.

Have a good look around at grounds we visiit and at games on the box and look at the amount of flags on empty seats and amongst the crowd, come to think about it i took a couple of my nieces to the game last night nd they were both wearing Wednesday scarves that were not bought from official sources, so i would very much doubt they had any fire resistent material in them at all, do you see what im getting at.

Southampton didn't have a problem with the flag !

Do wednesday ask the away fans that regularly cover the leppings lane end with flags to bring a fire cert with every flag ?

Surely the away fans dont get treated better than the home fans at S6 ?????

DO THEY ????

I'll be back in a bit when I've had a chat with Mr John Rutherford (AKA - The person responsible for illegally withholding my flag) !!

Guest Go For It Owl

Southampton didn't have a problem with the flag !

Do wednesday ask the away fans that regularly cover the leppings lane end with flags to bring a fire cert with every flag ?

Surely the away fans dont get treated better than the home fans at S6 ?????

DO THEY ????

I'll be back in a bit when I've had a chat with Mr John Rutherford (AKA - The person responsible for illegally withholding my flag) !!

No answer !

He's still in meetings !!!!

Has been all day !!

I've been supporting SWFC for over 40 years!

Never been in any trouble in all those 40 years !

But because me and my son spent hours making a flag, took it down to the ground to show support for the team we love, suddenly I'm surrounded by stewards, have my name and address taken down twice and get treated like a 5 year old waiting outside the control box for a guy that didn't have the decency to turn up !!!!!

SWFC - Really does reward loyal supporters