New Manager Odds

If they're the alternatives i think we should stick with what we have

Okay Scrammy, apart from the obvious (Scrammy and Banch partnership) who do you want as manager of Wednesday?

Chips are down.

You can choose two candidates - one you think will be the next manager and the one you want as the next manager with a short explanation why.

• Like 1

He did ok with Ipswich....over a number of years...didn't he?

Roy Keane only marginally did worse.

Magilton spent £millions on players who spent most of their time on the bench. Raising their wage bill to over £12mil.

His signings were so bad, he ended playing a bunch of kids instead (something Keane continued to f*ck up)

Made several changes each week, playing players out of position - Right winger to left back. Holding midfielder to striker & winger.

His substitutions weren't Mourinho-esque either - only ever straight swaps at the usual times ( 75mins etc )

To sum up, he spent most the chairmans money and left the club lower in the table with less salable assets.

Guest bigblue

If they're the alternatives i think we should stick with what we have

Who would you like out of interest Scram?

A big hitter that doesn't happen to be managing a club right now?

- Keegan

- Curbishley

- Coppell

- Allerdyce

- Hodgson

- Hoddle

- Van Basten

- Benitez

- Hughton

- anyone else I'm missing?

Are any of these realistic???

Marco Van Basten all the way for me :happy:

Or would you rather we try to poach someone having a bit of success elsewhere?

- Pitman

- Howe

- Shez

- Adkins

- Robins

- Poyet

- Clark

- Scott

Shez is the only one I'd want there!

Roy Keane only marginally did worse.

Magilton spent £millions on players who spent most of their time on the bench. Raising their wage bill to over £12mil.

His signings were so bad, he ended playing a bunch of kids instead (something Keane continued to f*ck up)

Made several changes each week, playing players out of position - Right winger to left back. Holding midfielder to striker & winger.

His substitutions weren't Mourinho-esque either - only ever straight swaps at the usual times ( 75mins etc )

To sum up, he spent most the chairmans money and left the club lower in the table with less salable assets.

Fair enough then.

Just shows the difference between knowing a manager well and knowing knowing them from a distance.

I'm sure alot of non wednesday fans still think Irvine ids a decent manager.

O'driscoll hasn't been the same since united approached him. I think if we offered him the job he would seriously consider it. Whether we could afford to get him out of his contract is another issue though.

I seem to remember John Ryan saying he knows which club would get SO'D and they are a prem club.

I suspect it is a midlands club like Villa or Wolves.

They already have odds on betting websites.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/sheff-wed-specials/next-permanent-manager

Megson 2/1

Johnson 7/1

Worthington 9/1

Shearer 12/1

Sheridan 12/1

Knill 12/1

McInnes 14/1

O'Driscoll 14/1

Dowie 14/1

Reid 14/1

If nowt else, it shows how bad a manager has to be sacked if that's what's waiting in the wings....................

Well neither of those clubs are going to come calling any time soon. I think he will realise that donny are reaching the glass ceiling whilst we have much greater potential. I think we would be the next step up in his career but it's whether he would want to sacrifice the stability at donny to work under Milan.

Okay Scrammy, apart from the obvious (Scrammy and Banch partnership) who do you want as manager of Wednesday?

Chips are down.

You can choose two candidates - one you think will be the next manager and the one you want as the next manager with a short explanation why.

I would like MON or KK - ne explanation needed really - but if it were a choice i'd probably have to let my head overrule my heart and plumo for MON due to his more recent involvement in the game

I think it will probably be somebody like Gary Johnson or John Sheridan -neither of whom i'd really want here due to one being as uninspiring an appointment as AI - while the other has a tremendous emotional pull to Hillsborough but i don't think he's earned the right to do the job yet and i'd hate to have him tarnish his memory of glory days here

Guest on the band wagon

have we gone completely mad how many of these are realistic or would excite the fans megson.... have a chat to some bolton fans may as well put shankly, paisely or clough we are getting desperate