New Manager Odds

Petrescu's start in management is very impressive.

Not sure he;d come, but he'd be an appointment I'd accept with open arms.

Similar to Zola...minus the probably wow factor, but plus a tad more experience in management. His previous connection with Wednesday might be a pull, however I'm not so sure how much feeling he has for the club personally.

I would like MON or KK - ne explanation needed really - but if it were a choice i'd probably have to let my head overrule my heart and plumo for MON due to his more recent involvement in the game

I think it will probably be somebody like Gary Johnson or John Sheridan -neither of whom i'd really want here due to one being as uninspiring an appointment as AI - while the other has a tremendous emotional pull to Hillsborough but i don't think he's earned the right to do the job yet and i'd hate to have him tarnish his memory of glory days here

Too right.

We haven't brought in a player over 24 years old since Milan came in.

He's building for the future.

I have a funny feeling Milan will go the same way with our new manager, when he agrees to move North.

Young, full of potential and intelligent.

Only one man fits the bill.

post-13959-085128000 1296685375_thumb.jp

Sorry not him

This guy

Zola.bmp

Agree, I think thats the way we need to go now. Zola would be good.

Think we missed a trick with Eddie Howe though.

St Johnstone manager.

Finished the job that Owen Coyle started and has done a remarkable job with them. Promoted them and kept them in the SPL with a very meagre budget. Burnley and West Brom have been linked with him in the past.

Just spoke t my mate bout him on twitter who is a St Johnstone fan...

hands off lol highly rated and taken St Johnstone virtually as far as he can. Boring tactics but pretty effective this season

For those who say Keegan unrealistic.

Manager of Fulham in Division 2 (i.e. league we're currently in).

Stubbling block of course is whether he wants to come back into football.

That's for Mandaric to sell te dream.

Not a chance with O'Neil.

Curbs, Hoddle - Maybe.

Nilsson, Petrescu, Zola, Pearson, Hughton, Di Canio, etc. all real possibilities.

No matter what apathy and negativity and lack of respect we have for ourselves, the name Sheffield Wednesday Football Club still has pulling power within football. This club is known as a sleeping giant, but with a difference nowadays... We have money. KPS once said that someone is going to make themselves a legend here. Now is the time to do it.

That appeals to some of the bigger names in football.

Big Ron & Jack Charlton will probably back me up on the pulling power of SWFC.

I'm sick to rumbleing death of settling for second rate crap. Time to make a statement that we mean busiess.

Ideal opportunity !!

Edited by BRADDAZ

The job is viewed as a poisoned chalice at the moment, so we’re certainly not going to get a MON, Curbs, etc. I think even Zola, O’Driscoll, etc are unrealistic, and Pearson isn’t going to leave a position where’s he’s just been given the best part of 3m to spend and the realistic ambition of getting to the Prem next year. Nilsson and Petrescu are both nice romanticised ideas but Nilsson’s record is hardly impeccable and Petrescu is part of a project that I don’t see him being desperate to leave.

The next appointment shouldn’t just be based on trying to get the biggest name. Instead, Mandaric needs to look at the predicament and appoint accordingly.

I’d like to look long-term, and go for a manager who’s going to bring a brand of football back to Hillsborough that we all want to see, but the only person who spring to mind is Poyet. He’s not going to come so I think we go for the pragmatic option and get someone who can stop us leaking goals (so not Keegan), can galvanise the players and get us in the playoffs. I’d back Megson, Ince or Dickov to have a similar effect to that of Dowie at Palace a few years ago.

You say poisoned chalice?

Why?

We were 2 months ago. Not now.

DEBT FREE

&

MONEY AVAILABLE

Plus add in the name Sheffield Wednesday, the current playing squad, the stadium, the heritage, the history, the huge success starved fanbase etc etc.

We can't really get any lower now. The only way is up. Sell the club, sell the dream of becoming a legend at one of English footballs oldest and biggest names.

Forget Dickov, Megson etc. we've been and done that. Laws, Irvine, Yorath, Turner, Shreeves, Wilson.

Time for a big appointment.. ala Jack Charlton and Ron Atkinson back in the day.

My take on the leading candidates:

Megson 2/1 - I really hope that the bridges are burnt beyond repair between Milan & Gary. I don't want his brand of football at S6!

Johnson 7/1 - Bags of experience and a good track record in this division. I wouldn't be unhappy.

Worthington 9/1 - If he is willing to leave the stability of the NI job, he would be a safe, but not spectacular, pair of hands here.

Shearer 12/1 - Despite his inexperience, Shearer is a big character and I believe he could command a dressing room and get us playing some good stuff. I'd take the gamble.

Sheridan 12/1 - I'd much prefer for Shez to take the job when we are established in the Championship looking to push on when he has more experience under his belt. One for the future hopefully, I wouldn't trust him with the job right now.

Knill 12/1 - Not much of a track record. Nothing to suggest that this job isn't too big for your run-of-the-mill League Two manager.