Big Name Managers

O'Neill wouldn't come. Allardyce wouldn't either and we don't need any more poo football. Hoddle might be a getable long-shot, although he had better leave Eileen at whichever stone circle she is currently prancing naked around, why would Pearce leave England, Waddle? He isnt a manager or a coach, Curbishley would be awesome but can probably get premier league, Shezza - love him but is he actually that amazing a manager and why risk tarnishing legend status?

I think Big Sam might. I can't see where other offers may come from (certainly maybe not in the Premier League right now).

O'Neill wouldn't come. Allardyce wouldn't either and we don't need any more poo football. Hoddle might be a getable long-shot, although he had better leave Eileen at whichever stone circle she is currently prancing naked around, why would Pearce leave England, Waddle? He isnt a manager or a coach, Curbishley would be awesome but can probably get premier league, Shezza - love him but is he actually that amazing a manager and why risk tarnishing legend status?

I would be interested to see what Curbishley could do here.

KK would be a poo appointment his boat has been and sailed and sank IMO (and i dont say i think he would be the correct appointment) but di canio would bring more of a buzz than kk .to many of our fans still live in the past .hoddle been out the game far to long big ron??? cmon lets get a grip a stand in half season at a push

this level of football is more about balls i have stuck by AI but after yesterday he needs to pack up and f&ck off. he thinks far to much fro this level

before steve clarke went to liverpool that would have been a risk but i think he would do well

(the above is my opinion but i have no badges)

The Keegan bottler thing is a total myth. I posted in a thread about a couple of months ago and destroyed all arguments to say he is a bottler.

(I can't be arsed to re-write it).

The fact of the matter is...

Keegan has had success at EVERY club he's ever managed...

Newcastle - Promoted.

Fulham - Promoted.

Man City - Promoted.

Why wouldn't he be good for us?

Oh and explain to me why he's a bottler?

(He quit the England job after saying he couldn't do the job

as he wasn't good enough - that's not bottling a job that's having pride and doing what's best for your country).

Edited by BRADDAZ

KK would be a poo appointment his boat has been and sailed and sank IMO (and i dont say i think he would be the correct appointment) but di canio would bring more of a buzz than kk .to many of our fans still live in the past .hoddle been out the game far to long big ron??? cmon lets get a grip a stand in half season at a push

this level of football is more about balls i have stuck by AI but after yesterday he needs to pack up and f&ck off. he thinks far to much fro this level

before steve clarke went to liverpool that would have been a risk but i think he would do well

Hoddle runs a football acamedy in Spain that has a link to one of the lower division teams out there. He's not been totally out of football. He played under Wenger as well, I don't think his style would be outdated in the modern game. Not like Peter Reid, Big Ron, etc.

I wouldn't mind hi having a crack at the job. Did well with Swindon, Chelsea and England

Why? because he was a good player? If we want a buzz from a ex player Sheridan is the man. Personally I'd go for KK with an Waddle as number 2

Don't fancy Sheridan as manager - don't think he's up to it.

Nigel Pearson would be good. Worked under MM - no idea atall how the parting came about. In a decent job I suppose at Hull but the pull of Wednesday might just appeal to him.

Martin O'Neill - highly unlikely (but the question should be asked)..

Megson - wouldn't mind him and don't understand why some are so against him.

SOD - might fancy it. The Pigs was a job that is going to be difficult for the next few seasons, fail there and his next job might be Yeovil. Wednesday job should be attractive, big club on the up ( :ph34r: ) with a bit of money. Could enhance his CV.

Guest Deleted member

KK would be a poo appointment his boat has been and sailed and sank IMO

but di canio would bring more of a buzz than kk .

i have stuck by AI

3 statements that blow apart any credibility you would have in choosing a manager biggrin.gif

Guest intercity0wl

Looking round here tonight, I've seen a lot of big names mentioned. Stuart Pearce, Big Ron, Hoddle and Waddle, Curbishley, Allardyce, O'Neill, Sheridan and many others besides.

For the last few years, for obvious reasons, we've not been able to attract any of the big names. Now we are debt free with an ambitious owner driving for success.

Now is the time, Mr Mandaric, to get a really top class manager in - everything is set up right. Let's do it now. Sell the dream, the road ahead, the opportunity to be the one that took this club all the way to the top.

I would be ecstatic with O'Neill, very happy with Hoddle or Allardyce, but the one guy I have always felt would fit with us like a glove, galvanise the support, ignite the passion etc etc is KEEGAN.

Drugs are Bad.

(He quit the England job after saying he couldn't do the job

as he wasn't good enough - that's not bottling a job that's having pride and doing what's best for your country).

Yep.

But then I bet these same people slatted Erikson and Capello for not quitting after failing with England, instead choosing to sit on their £4m a year wage to manage a handful of friendlies and qualifiers against Andora every year.

Sheffield Wednesday need a big name manager, we need a larger than life character who can inspire what is still probably the best squad in the division with a bit of passion and belief

Totally agree with this. Just as we now seem to be able to afford to pay fees for players, surely we can also afford to spend a little bit extra on appointing the next manager

Shezza is the man

No he's not.

Jesus, have we really stooped that low.

If Sheridan had never played for Wednesday, he would be mentioned. Of course he wouldn't. He's about as qualified as Gary Waddock, Ronnie Moore, Graham Turner or Alan Knill.

Show some ambition. We have the most ambitious Chairman in the Football League, and we are at the beginning of a new era. John Sheridan is the sort of manager I'd expect us to go for under the old regime. It would be the exact same sort of appointment as Chris Turner's. Except Sheridan's record is not as good as Turner's was.

John Sheridan is NOT the man.

Guest Willy Fitzwinders

Keegan would be a brilliant choice as our next manager.

Unfortunately too many of our fans believe the myths about him being a quitter etc.

Sad really, we all want to see winning, attacking football and he would deliver it in spades.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

You've typed that as if you believe it. You should have said "but seriously though....." at the end

No he's not.

Jesus, have we really stooped that low.

If Sheridan had never played for Wednesday, he would be mentioned. Of course he wouldn't. He's about as qualified as Gary Waddock, Ronnie Moore, Graham Turner or Alan Knill.

Show some ambition. We have the most ambitious Chairman in the Football League, and we are at the beginning of a new era. John Sheridan is the sort of manager I'd expect us to go for under the old regime. It would be the exact same sort of appointment as Chris Turner's. Except Sheridan's record is not as good as Turner's was.

John Sheridan is NOT the man.

Agreed BUT he's still the best player in my generation weve had.