Big Name Managers

It all depends on the players "footballing brain". Many lower standard players don't have much of one, hence they are lower division players.

AI was highly rated at Everton when he was working with players with good footballing brains. At lower levels maybe he sends them into over load ?

Heard a high profile manager say that a long while ago,unfortunately all I can remember was he was ex premiership player. He basically said he couldn't hack it managing a league 1 side because he was asking players to do things which he could in his sleep and they either couldn't do it or struggled massively.

we need to get a grip why would KK want to join wednesday he has no ties to the club to pull on the heart strings to bring him and we are playing 3 div football we are not evan in that strong position to give ourselfs a chance of getting out this league. he does not need or want the game any more IMO

He might not want the job, if so fair enough.

But it's got to be worth asking him & if he wants it then it's a no brainer IMO.

Heard a high profile manager say that a long while ago,unfortunately all I can remember was he was ex premiership player. He basically said he couldn't hack it managing a league 1 side because he was asking players to do things which he could in his sleep and they either couldn't do it or struggled massively.

Gary Lineker (I think) said this in his column about Roy Keane when he was sacked at Ipswich recently.

Something like how difficult it is manage players way below your own level.

Reckoned he'd be a better manager at a bigger club with better players.

If AI is "overcoaching" the players and they aren't able to "get it" at this level then surely this makes the argument for a "motivational" appointment.

It doesn't need to be a big name, just the right man for the job. For me, Sheridan with Waddle as his number 2, they are big names at Wednesday anyway, and if we don't go in for Shezza soon, someone else will and we might not get another chance.

TBF i don't buy that argument that players can't manage other players below their own technical level - it doesn't stand up to scrutiny as many mangers have succeeded as managers below the level they played at

KK

MON

Ince

Lambert

DI Matteo

Poyet

Grayson

To name a few

It doesn't need to be a big name, just the right man for the job. For me, Sheridan with Waddle as his number 2, they are big names at Wednesday anyway, and if we don't go in for Shezza soon, someone else will and we might not get another chance.

Ex players don't work as managers. And Shez is not proven anyway.

Wednesday legend, let's leave it that way.

Ex players don't work as managers. And Shez is not proven anyway.

Wednesday legend, let's leave it that way.

Keegan at Newcastle?

Dalglish at Liverpool?

Kendall at Everton?

Graham at Arsenal?

All unproven at the time.

Why not Sheridan at Wednesday?