Big Name Managers

(He quit the England job after saying he couldn't do the job

as he wasn't good enough - that's not bottling a job that's having pride and doing what's best for your country).

Totally, yet these same people are saying Irvine should do the decent thing and resign. I don't understand this unjustified hate towards Keegan being our next manager, I used to think it was purely down to the fact we couldn't afford him, but that isn't the case any more. He's certainly a more realistic appointment than O'Neil (who I would prefer by the way).

The inability for some fans to think big is slightly disappointing. Aim high, go higher.

Agreed BUT he's still the best player in my generation weve had.

And?

I consider Chris Waddle to be the best player I've seen at Wednesday.

Doesn't mean I want him as manager.

The fact remains that Sheridan hasn't done anything in football to warrant him getting a chance at Wednesday.

If he takes Chesterfield up this season, and then continues to move them up the league ladder, then fair enough. In three or four years time, he might be a qualified appointment. At the minute, he's nowhere near that level.

i've been hoping for keegan to come to hillsborough for a couple of months and nows the time. keegan come and bring back the magic that hillsborough used to have.

Why?!

If fookin' Brighton, Swansea and the MK Dons can all show ambition and appoint a big name manager with a fresh outlook...why the hell can't we?

Its not the wednesday way, although with MM behind the scenes I guess it could be a possibility. Just don't want people to get their hopes up. My guess is that it will be someone the stature of George Burley or Phil Brown.

Edited by FreshOwl

yes thats exactly why he would bring more of a buzz than KK i was not saying bring him in i was saying in IMO he would create more of a buzz.

TBF it's insane to suggest that appointing Shez would create more of a buzz than appointing KK

There are very few people in English football that carry more gravitas than KK

If we appointed Shez then the Star and RS would be at the press conference - appoint KK and the worlds sports media would be there to see the return to football of one of English footballs most celegrated sons

Edited by scram

Guest Distraught!

TBF it's insane to suggest that appointing Shez would create more of a buzz than appointing KK

There are very few people in English football that carry more gravitas than KK

If we appointed Shez then the Star and RS would be at the press conference - appoint KK and the worlds sports media would be there to see the return to football of one of English footballs most celegrated sons

Absolutely!

Keegan is the most charismatic character in British football and possibly world football.

Even rival fans like him.

Part of the reason is nothing that he does is predictable or normal.

Yet people say he would never come to Wednesday. Like Southampton fans would have thought there was no chance of him signing for them after his stint at Hamburg. And Newcastle fans couldn't have expected him to drop outside of the First Division to sign for them.

Keegan is totally unpredictable and enigmatic. But above all, he is successful!

Weren't Fulham in this division when he started there? May be mistaken as I havent googled it

Yes but initially KK was DoF with Ray Wilkins as manager - Wilkins made a pigs ear of it so he was sacked at the end of the season - next season KK took charge and romped the division with ease

Guest Deleted member

Now Ive googled it

Having read those stats I think the people who claim that he would be no good for us are clearly on drugs

Edited by Deleted member

Guest Distraught!

Weren't Fulham in this division when he started there? May be mistaken as I havent googled it

Yes, he managed three league clubs and achieved promotion at all three. He is the only manager thus far to achieve two second tier titles.

All three clubs he managed were in a much better position when he left than when he started.

And the crowd figure also significantly increased at all three.

But he is a quitter! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Kevin, come to Hillsborough and do what you did at Newcastle, Fulham and Manchester City!

When you quit, I'll forgive you!

Promise!

Guest Deleted member

How much would I give right now for Irvine to be a quitter. Or Laws in the past...

At least they wouldnt have cost the club an arm and a leg to get shut of them