M Morrison

Can you do a cut and paste please?

Ogsowl RT @FanhousePercy: Michael Morrison leaves #Leicester for Sheff Weds in £250k deal. Somehow think Sven will be dealing with bigger transfers in Jan! #SWFC
jamestwknowles RT @FanhousePercy: Michael Morrison leaves #Leicester for Sheff Weds in £250k deal. Somehow think Sven will be dealing with bigger transfers in Jan! #SWFC
FanhousePercy Michael Morrison leaves #Leicester for Sheff Weds in £250k deal. Somehow think Sven will be dealing with bigger transfers in Jan! #SWFC

All the same I know but all from different people.

Guest petertheowl

I really wish we would stop signing players with the same surname as the ones as we already have.

This made me wonder what I had put in my morning cuppa:

I'd be happy to start Johnson at centre back and persist with either Purse or Beevers along side him, if it meant playing Morrison at right back (where it would appear he is best) and finally get some quality in our full back positions.

AI is too defensive to put Jones at LM.

With JJ as i said about a sweeper. He might be better just given free of the park that the type of player i see him ask. Just let him do what he wants because he's a good defensive player but has the pace to get forward. IMO

A left back or wingback like Jones on the left midfield would be more defensive than playing Teale there wouldn't it? So that statement makes no sense.

JJ has not got a footballing brain, he would be terrible in a free role IMO. I know many don't agree but because of his poor workrate and lack of delivery I think he's more effective up front. At least he can just put his boot through it in front of goal.

I can't wait til he's not needed anymore tbh he does my head in. We all clammer for him to be on the right wing but he's poo poo most of the time.

A left back or wingback like Jones on the left midfield would be more defensive than playing Teale there wouldn't it? So that statement makes no sense.

JJ has not got a footballing brain, he would be terrible in a free role IMO. I know many don't agree but because of his poor workrate and lack of delivery I think he's more effective up front. At least he can just put his boot through it in front of goal.

I can't wait til he's not needed anymore tbh he does my head in. We all clammer for him to be on the right wing but he's poo poo most of the time.

Think with JJ he plays in short sharp burst of football instead of playing flowing football that's why i think he doesn't play as good as he should. Really you could tell he wants to be up front to frighten the defensive with his pace.

It would for me after Monday. In general he seems to have an attitude and bad temperament. Plus he is a one trick pony.

A lad with pace, a left foot, speed and a good cross would be lovely. Similar to Albrighton at Villa. Old fashioned winger.

Jones deserves a chance there but AI see's him as a LB.

I think JJ is massively overrated.......

Probably because he is the only pace we've got.

Just a thought, but if this goes through as expected does it show that Irvine really doesn't have any faith in Purse and Beevers?

He didn't really strengthen in that dept in close season and he's played about with Buxton in there on off. Could anyone else see both Johnson and Morrison becoming to starting centre backs in the not too distant future?

Looks like he's building a wall at the back.

hope he doesnt use same firm who did the plumbing !

I think JJ is massively overrated.......

Probably because he is the only pace we've got.

I think that is a bit misleading. When he is playing well, he deserves the kind of plaudits he gets. There was a spell last season, just before he got injured, for example, where everything we did went through him. It is just that he is massively inconsistent.

At times he is even better than a lot of people give him credit for. I think there is a myth that all he can do is run, when he is on his game, however, I think his touch is great and he can even finish quite well.

The problem with him is that he is hugely inconsistent. Also he suffers in this league from being doubled up upon every time he plays.

When he came on for his first home game back from injury he terrified (was it Rochdale?) before they doubled up on him. He got in the box and made a chance every time he got the ball. It is hard for any winger (except Messi - who is more of a Trequartista anyway) to deal with being doubled up on. What should happen in this case is the fullback becomes the dangerman as he is free and unmarked. This didn't happen with us because of the flat back 4 and fullback that can't get forward. We should be using the knowledge that JJ will be double marked to our advantage, but we don't.

Playing JJ up front would mean that he can't be doubled up on, but would give him less room to run into - if he is on an off day his first touch could take him from half way to the keepers arms.

That said - his "on days" do not come often enough and when he isn't playing well he is hugely frustrating, but only because we know how good he can be. I think that when he gets into his rhythm and has a few good games he could destroy anyone in this league - he should he could trouble defenses in the league above immensely last year.

I really wish we would stop signing players with the same surname as the ones as we already have.

This made me wonder what I had put in my morning cuppa:

Agreed.

Getting a bit silly now :biggrin:

Heard we are lining up moves for Micky Weaver and Ron Otsemobor next.