Milan SACK Irvine

Guest international owl

Guest davylowe

Time to get a Lets have Keegan in thread???????????

Please ignore me.

I have had 2 many drinks 2 many dinks or one two many or 1 2 many.

We have a squad to cause anyone problems?This team was assembled by Irvine,i'm sure you were a member of HMS wee wee the league,if not the captain

Although young FG is more than capable of stating his own case - i can tell you that you're wrong with the above assumption - he's never been a fan of the appointment or stewardship of AI

Personally i haven't been outraged by a managerial appointment since CT got the gig - dreadful disappointment - especially after the build up we were given - i was expecting the reincarnation of Bob Paisley

Edited by scram

What is a good manager though?

In another thread I gave 10 reasons why AI was a poor appointment - and I said it right from the start and am not a recent non-believer.

So the simple answer is someone who displays the opposite of these 'qualities'.

We need someone who has:

a) got considerable experience of managing a bigger club with the expectations it has

b) who has some charisma and who is not frightened of the opposition

That would be a decent starting point.

Guest Big Guns

i cant beleive that flippingw'nk manager irvine asnt been sacked yet even the nob head happy clappers must have had enough

I don't believe we have bad or poor players, the current crop are more than good enough to get us out of this league. I don't believe that Huddersfield's players were that much better than ours. I firmly believe that they have a manager who is getting the best out of them by playing football & not hoofball.

The manager is our problem & not the majority of players, (Purse excluded) he fooks up most weeks.

I've not really joined in with the Irvine In/Out debate before - spent most of the last 10 years defending managers because of the awful circumstances they've had to work with. Not been able to bring myself to defend Irvine but still don't like calling for someone's head.

But, enough is enough. Today's game played out EXACTLY how it did the last time we played Huddersfield. For a manager who spends so much time studying the opposition I saw no sign of us having learnt any lessons from the first game - including conceding a nearly identical goal!

We constantly back off when out of possession and end up defending our own 18 yard line. Asking for trouble yet we do it week in week out, regardless of personnel, so I can only conclude that Irvine sends the team out to play like that. If we were playing Barca or Arsenal I could understand it, but we're in League 1 FFS - pressure these teams and they will give you the ball, instead we give them time and space on the ball and make every team we play against look like world-beaters.

And for all that caution we're not even that good defensively - Weaver gets the biggest credit for our decent defensive record this season imo, and is on course to be player of the season (a pretty damning indictment of a team supposedly challenging for automatic promotion). One example that I notice again today - short corners always catch us out as only one of our players ever goes to close it down - should be simple enough to rectify but we don't.

Style of play - awful. Mainly because the midfield sits so deep afaic - the defence never have an option so hit a percentage ball long and our strikers have to feed off scraps. One of the best strikeforces in the division mind - all three of them should be getting double figures but we're not getting anything like their full potential out of them.

Then there's the failure to use his players - mainly Heffernan as we all know and playing Coke/Miller wide. Other big one for me is his misuse of Jones - when he was given a run of games at LB he started looking good, but Spurr keeps getting picked ahead of him despite having been awful for 18 months now. And if he's not going to play Jones at full-back, why not try him on the left-wing? Irvine was always moaning about Johnson being injured at the start of the season so we lacked pace, yet he had a pacy left-footer kicking his heels on the bench! Instead we played Miller there!

Sorry Alan, my patience has run out with yet another 90 minutes of drab, overly cautious, aimless hoofball. So, for the first time from me:

IRVINE OUT!

I've answered this once and the reply got lost in the ether so don't think you got away with it nob.

First time you've seen me post is it,so whats,that make you the sherriff or summat.

We have a squad to cause anyone problems?This team was assembled by Irvine,i'm sure you were a member of HMS wee wee the league,if not the captain

I've supported the OWLS for 47 years,first game OWLS 3 bolton 0 1963 at the TEMPLE, member of Owlstalk for 12 months maybe so I reckon i'm more of a WEDNESDAYITE than an Owlstalker.

Who the flip are you FG,you the Owlstalk police or just a member of the inner sanctum who try to ridicule new posters and fellow OWLS.

First time you've seen me post?You flippingtail

You wrote as if I was writing to bait you originally, when I've never read anything by you before. Don't get upset about it.

Irvine signing players doesn't make him a good manager, just makes him a decent scout.

I'm not bothered how many games people have been to, everyones entitled to an opinion, even Dark_Owl who's obsession with me is bordering on the bizarre.