Milan SACK Irvine

Guest international owl

Guest Triplej2

So to sum up:

Irvine's been a bit w@nk with a very good budget.

The football's rubbish in the main.

Milan's giving him some players and a bit of time.

We all hope it all works out well but have serious doubts.

I think that just about covers it.

Guest starrydave

So to sum up:

Irvine's been a bit w@nk with a very good budget.

The football's rubbish in the main.

Milan's giving him some players and a bit of time.

We all hope it all works out well but have serious doubts.

I think that just about covers it.

Just to be clear, I think Irvine could have possibly done better with what he's had at his disposal, and no one can argue that we have one of the best budgets in the league. One thing in AI's defence though, we have a number of players on the big wages, and a number of players on small wages. The ones on top wages arnt performing (potter, purse, jj and joc for e.g). Our high budget would only really be effective if we had a whole team on say moderate wages, performing well each week. If I was the manager I would be pissed that such poo players were taking home so much!

This 'Sack Irvine debate' is boring.

The Irvine-slaggers are usually the ones who criticize Buxton Purse Potter, Beavers and O'Connor..... and give reluctant praise to Mellor, Clinton Morrison, Teale and Weaver.

Yet which are the Laws signings and which are the Irvine signings??

The truth is that the players have let AI down so far. His signings(with no money) have been decent.

I hope the next 22 league games are better than the last 22. I think they will be. We can still do it.

Guest Triplej2

This 'Sack Irvine debate' is boring.

The Irvine-slaggers are usually the ones who criticize Buxton Purse Potter, Beavers and O'Connor..... and give reluctant praise to Mellor, Clinton Morrison, Teale and Weaver.

Yet which are the Laws signings and which are the Irvine signings??

The truth is that the players have let AI down so far. His signings(with no money) have been decent.

I hope the next 22 league games are better than the last 22. I think they will be. We can still do it.

I'd say 75% of our problems are systemic. I've seen Coke, Miller, Johnson, Teale, mellor and Morrison all fail to link up properly, look strung out and shapeless and fail to keep possession for any length of time. All 6 of those players are quality, especially in this league, so as I say, the whole system needs looking at or we are gonna keep getting outplayed by anyone can play a bit.

To be honest I think we need one seriously good / experienced midfield general to orchestrate things and pull everyone together, something I don't think Irvine has a clue about.

Remember a few weeks ago when Sniper1 and I were having our original confrontation in the boardroom? Among the several million words I posted in response to him he expressed such outrage at me using the term 'idiot' about him a single time. Apparently he was "embarrassed for me" (still makes me chuckle that :biggrin:) that I should stoop to such horrific abuse and that it was indicative of being unable to formulate a persuasive argument. Things have changed a very great deal in a short time haven't they?

Do you think he might be having a bit of a breakdown or something?