O' Driscoll

Get irvine the clown sacked and get sod in before the pigs do!

O' driscoll isn't the choice for me, if AI keeps us in the play offs all season i can't see MM sacking him although i think his cards must be marked, i can see big Nigel Pearson being in charge next season, regardless of us going up or not.

I love his football but this job is way too big for him, like it was for Irvine, Laws, Sturrock, Turner ect. We need a manager in the mould of Charlton, Atkinson or Wilkinson.

Exactly.

We're a big club that has been brainwashed by the former regime into thinking little.

Time to act like a big club.

Exactly.

We're a big club that has been brainwashed by the former regime into thinking little.

Time to act like a big club.

I agree, and hopefully MM will see this too.

Fans of other clubs would not understand this, and would see us as arrogant and above our station. But it needs a big manager to galvanise this whole thing - fan base, expectation, history, pressure - someone who can deal with it.

Yeah I got that part...

But why?

Plays good football, passion for the game, high profile name, extensive contact with players worldwide, kept West Ham up despite numerous problems at the club including players sold left right and centre, little money to spend, boardroom upheavals, constant undermining of his position by the new owners etc. etc.

O'Driscoll offers what?

Good football, yes, obviously. Look at the players he has signed, good players. He did not do this on a "typical" doncaster budget. It's easier to get a small club like Donny motivated week in week out. This is a club where the likes of O'Driscoll and dare I say it, Sheridan, can motivate and play good football - TO A POINT.

O'Driscoll is not a manager for SWFC. If we are gonna do it, we need not only good football pedigree, but good motivational skills and someone a little bit "out there" - it is no coincidence that the last person who created a Wednesday team to do something was Big Ron. Look at his qualities. We should be looking towards something akin to what we had then, not a single dimensional manager like O'Driscoll.

Guest Davidowls

O`driscoll would be great but what about Martin O`neil he is free and I think would be a great manager for us also put bums on seats big time .

He aint free, I belive he is living the good life in some middle eastern country getting lottsa wonga, I am sure he will leave that to come to damp, cold sheffield for a fraction of the money........

Think Big Sam would work well with the team, as someone mentioned I dont think Sean O'driscoll would leave his comfort zone of Donny.

A few other names Chris Hughton or maybe an old wednesday boy like Nigel Pearson or even the legendary Rollo (hes just won the league you know lo l)

UTO!!!! Wednesday til I die!!!

Edited by Davidowls

Watching Doncaster is anything but boring and uninspiring.

It's not bloody Big Brother. You're not voting for a managers personality. I'd rather have a quiet and introverted but tactically astute manager than someone who shows a lot of "passion" but is just a bunch of hot air.

IT WOULD TAKE TOO LONG..mandaric isn't in this long term...he wants promotion this season...and he isn't talkin boll0x when he say's it...promotion, stabilise in the championship around the play off places, and sell on at a healthy profit...

Nigel Pearson will be the next Sheffield Wednesday manager.

Hull have just been taken over by some Middle Eastern consortium and they will want bring in their own man, especially with them struggling in the Championship,

Pearson has done well with MM and has strong Wednesday connections.

Nigel Pearson will be the next Sheffield Wednesday manager.

Hull have just been taken over by some Middle Eastern consortium and they will want bring in their own man, especially with them struggling in the Championship,

Pearson has done well with MM and has strong Wednesday connections.

Thought they ended up on bad terms? The story I recall was MM sided with a member of staff who NP didn't get on with.

Thought they ended up on bad terms? The story I recall was MM sided with a member of staff who NP didn't get on with.

He did leave on bad terms, but it wasn't that

NP himself said he walked out on LC because MM began bringing Sousa to watch games and NP knew then he was on borrowed time. So he walked out before he was pushed.

Absolutely no chance of him working for MM again.

Not sure I could stand listening to his dull interviews, with the countless you knows, and sharp intake of breath. Not an impact manager for me.

Most boring voice in football

We need someone who give the fans an idea that he is passionate about the game.......how about Gordon Strachen?