O' Driscoll

But we would be taking the same risk as Laws and Irvine. Taking a manager that has been successful at smaller teams. Can he make the step up?

He may prove to be a great manager, but I'd be more comfortable taking a manager that has managed in the Premier League, has promoted teams up from the Championship.

Plus I think Mandaric would want a big name.

A Sam Allerdyce, Curbishley type name.

Or maybe my head is in La La land right now.

There are loads of managers I'd have over Irvine.

Sean O'Driscoll is one of them.

Irvine has to go though. There is no evidence of a plan or a style that he is trying to implement. Just a lack of any obvious direction- poor more often than good.

Ditto.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest Parky1867

We need to act now and sack the useless bugger.

Lets be ambitious, and go for a big name who has been there and done it at the top level. They can only say no.

Lets break the trend we have had for the last decade or so and not settle for mediocre, (or in Irvines case abysmal) managers.

I sid this to pigs and I'll say it now: Why would O'Driscoll leave Donny for either of us right now?

Yes we've just been taken over and that's all good, but as it stands we're still in League 1. No denying we're a far bigger club than Donny and with much more potential, but that's all for the next few years. For now we're far below them, both of us. He has no reason to leave right now.

The advantage we do have were he to move though is that there's no way pigs could pay any compensation.

I sid this to pigs and I'll say it now: Why would O'Driscoll leave Donny for either of us right now?

Yes we've just been taken over and that's all good, but as it stands we're still in League 1. No denying we're a far bigger club than Donny and with much more potential, but that's all for the next few years. For now we're far below them, both of us. He has no reason to leave right now.

The advantage we do have were he to move though is that there's no way pigs could pay any compensation.

I suppose the argument would be that Donny are pretty much at their peak. They don't have the support, scale or the infrastructure to maintain a position much higher than where they are now, unless someone bankrolls them out of their back pocket (and that won't happen).

Wasn't O'Driscoll approached by Southampton after they sacked Pardew?

I suppose the argument would be that Donny are pretty much at their peak. They don't have the support, scale or the infrastructure to maintain a position much higher than where they are now, unless someone bankrolls them out of their back pocket (and that won't happen).

I can see where you're coming from but still, he's on a good thing with them, why break that now? He's young enough to really see how far he can take them before moving on to a bigger challenge, right now I actually think he'd be a fool to move elsewhere.

Wasn't O'Driscoll approached by Southampton after they sacked Pardew?

I have no idea, but if he rejected that then I can't see why another League 1 club would be different.

But we would be taking the same risk as Laws and Irvine. Taking a manager that has been successful at smaller teams. Can he make the step up?

He may prove to be a great manager, but I'd be more comfortable taking a manager that has managed in the Premier League, has promoted teams up from the Championship.

Plus I think Mandaric would want a big name.

A Sam Allerdyce, Curbishley type name.

Or maybe my head is in La La land right now.

What clubs are they?

mellow.gif