Be careful what you wish for

Guest billsaja

No problems at all, like you said the investors are onboard. John Prutch from C9S (which is an SPV set up to invest in SWFC) is in town as we speak taking in the air. It's exciting.

And for the record, I know Brian from 2003 (as I stated clearly) when he was with BofA in London, that he recently left Vertical to move to FIG Partners - as he just told me on the phone - is irrelevant.

Can you smell the money too?

I know, I'm already slightly further ahead than that.......and my questions aren't just about you.

btw.....I work in a slightly different forensic area to you.

I hope so.....in fact I did ask several times to confirm that proof of funds had been done, that they were not just negotiating themselves with the bank but were using reputable law and accounting firms, that a reference and credit check made etc. I am sure you're right though, I mean they have impressive offices, a long trading history and are well known and respected in the world of finance. All the usual trappings of a wealthy set of individuals are there in plain sight. I guess I was just getting excited/paranoid with things being about to close this weekend.

As I look back on it this all seems more legitimate, nothing at all to worry about for the club I have loved and supported for 30 years.

And why should anyone provide you with such proof on a forum? you arrogant pr1ck!

I hope so.....in fact I did ask several times to confirm that proof of funds had been done, that they were not just negotiating themselves with the bank but were using reputable law and accounting firms, that a reference and credit check made etc. I am sure you're right though, I mean they have impressive offices, a long trading history and are well known and respected in the world of finance. All the usual trappings of a wealthy set of individuals are there in plain sight. I guess I was just getting excited/paranoid with things being about to close this weekend.

As I look back on it this all seems more legitimate, nothing at all to worry about for the club I have loved and supported for 30 years.

sarcastic f00ker

Guest billsaja

That he is proclaimed King Of The Mole People and lives out his life in an underground kingdom, expressing his joy through the medium of dance.

Interpretive dance and the haiku to be precise.

My preferred outcome is that we get a genuine investor with a credible background and no chain of deranged Walter Mitty advisers to step forwards, or if not that we just forget the whole investment plan for now, Lee has a solid plan B that is very viable and relies on the type of unity we are not going to get while people are hanging back to see what is going to happen with potential investment.

To paraphrase a beloved poster on here, this is our mess, our club, we should be the ones digging our way out of it and taking pride of ownership. 24,000 fans should be going to the games to cheer on the team, not to prove to investors that we are a sleeping giant. We never filled Hillsborough in the 90s because we wanted to look pretty for a bunch of Yanks who had us dancing through hoops, we went because we loved the club.

A squad of players who have some pride in the shirt and share the passion of the Chairman and the fans, time for LS to put his plans in place and an end to this consumer/brand yank-talk nonsense - investment or not, that would do me just fine.

Guest billsaja

I know, I'm already slightly further ahead than that.......and my questions aren't just about you.

btw.....I work in a slightly different forensic area to you.

You have a job?

Guest barrybanned

Like someone said earlier C9S will have been checked out by ICS, The Co Op Bank and the club. So IMO Billsajs (possably a YP reporter as hinted at by GS!) is probably less informed than the combined above + all he's produced to back up his posts is evidence found on the internet!

Could we get the OCS to check them out also?

Everybody would feel much better then.

Edited by barrybanned

OK Think Im back with it now!

Bills, youve done a good job (almost sheardesque) job on Joe, and shown that he is a two man band, and thats kinda backed up by LS. My understanding though is that Joe has been an "advisor" to the investment proccess, which given his postings on "bigsoccer net" (I think) is understanable as he seems to have a grasp of the English game. Is that correct?

You made an allegation that Club9S was "Sheard with a web page", yet it seems that members are in meetings as we speak, and are being taken very seriously by the club and the bank. Have I got that right?

So are the people behind SC9 legitimate in your view?

I ask, not to trip you up, but because after the Sheard fiasco I do value your input.

Bill?

I'd say you and others are desperate for Bills to be proved righ so you get to say TOLD YA SO :rolleyes:

Just remember Donny, you have been told!

It not a question of 'I told you so'.

I see you signed up this year for Owlstalk so the GS episode will have passed you by. Well let me tell you. He was exposed on Owlonline by the bills. So his word and text do have a certain amount of credability.

I know its popular but you have to weigh up the evidence, even if you don't like the answer.

Guest billsaja

My preferred outcome is that we get a genuine investor with a credible background and no chain of deranged Walter Mitty advisers to step forwards, or if not that we just forget the whole investment plan for now, Lee has a solid plan B that is very viable and relies on the type of unity we are not going to get while people are hanging back to see what is going to happen with potential investment.

To paraphrase a beloved poster on here, this is our mess, our club, we should be the ones digging our way out of it and taking pride of ownership. 24,000 fans should be going to the games to cheer on the team, not to prove to investors that we are a sleeping giant. We never filled Hillsborough in the 90s because we wanted to look pretty for a bunch of Yanks who had us dancing through hoops, we went because we loved the club.

A squad of players who have some pride in the shirt and share the passion of the Chairman and the fans, time for LS to put his plans in place and an end to this consumer/brand yank-talk nonsense - investment or not, that would do me just fine.

That wasn't sarcasm by the way, that was 100% serious no games no jokes. It really is time for this club to seize the moment, we are going to stay up (Palace have lost their stomach for this fight) and while it might be - somewhat ironically - because of the financial misfortune of others, Wednesday are ahead of the game here, we are living within our means already which is something other clubs will now strive to do and make hard decisions we have already made as a result. Next year we have two bankrupt clubs coming down, and several in our division in dire straits.

With AI having time to put his team in place, with some dead wood cut adrift over the summer, and with a level playing field, there is no reason why we cannot build a force in S6 with or without external funds coming in.

It would be nice to eliminate the debt (if only to avoid the hypocrisy of nodding in agreement as I did at the "debt is a form of cheating" comment from the forum) but we can do this without a "sugar daddy" 5,000 STs sold by March, not sure why that is doom and gloom, we stay up we'll reach 13,000 - 14,000 easily, and a decent start to next season and there'll be 20k plus at every game, no reason we can't average 24k.

Just remember Donny, you have been told!

It not a question of 'I told you so'.

I see you signed up this year for Owlstalk so the GS episode will have passed you by. Well let me tell you. He was exposed on Owlonline by the bills. So his word and text do have a certain amount of credability.

I know its popular but you have to weigh up the evidence, even if you don't like the answer.

Must agree, there are reasons to be very sceptical. As I asked earlier, the involvement of Inner Circle/C9S and Joe Kosich before we even get to anyone who's supposedly putting any money in does seem a bit strange - but then I'm not from a financial/deal brokering background so I'd be happy for someone to explain it to me.

Guest billsaja

He's a postie......

ASTEENER, you grace this thread with your presence, a poem sir if you will......

It's Friday, big game tomorrow, a rallying call to arms for those of us who remember 1993 and 2003 with equal measures of pride and horror (and whose parents say "League 1 lad, never had it so good, back in my day....).

Wax lyrical for all who bleed blue and white if you will.

Guest barrybanned

they couldn't even check how many b.ollocks they've got, never mind a bloody financial investment

Harsh - there are some VERY clever fellows in said organisation.

Allegedly.

OK Think Im back with it now!

Bills, youve done a good job (almost sheardesque) job on Joe, and shown that he is a two man band, and thats kinda backed up by LS. My understanding though is that Joe has been an "advisor" to the investment proccess, which given his postings on "bigsoccer net" (I think) is understanable as he seems to have a grasp of the English game. Is that correct?

You made an allegation that Club9S was "Sheard with a web page", yet it seems that members are in meetings as we speak, and are being taken very seriously by the club and the bank. Have I got that right?

So are the people behind SC9 legitimate in your view?

I ask, not to trip you up, but because after the Sheard fiasco I do value your input.

Bill?