Be careful what you wish for

Guest billsaja

My instincts would be not as investors but as brokers/middle men, quite plausible. The fact that Lee is talking to them, and the fact that John Prutch's quote says they are not discussing buying shares but "putting their expertise to good use" suggests they may well have found investors, which is fab.

The fact that they have distanced themselves from this Anglofile and let him trot off to Norwich with his unique line of BS is encouraging, indeed looking back the only person who stated C9S were the actual investors was him and he is about as credible as Far Canal with a Caribbean Bank Manager and a UN Goodwill Ambassador.

So yes, I think it is entirely possible that C9S acting in conjunction with Inner Circle have found an interested party though the negotiations would suggest he is not interested in the simple deal that was proposed - the 20mm for 86% that Lee had pre-negotiated already with the bank.

If I was a betting man I would guess a small amount of money is in play here and they are trying to use it to get the Co-Op to make some concessions and/or cede seniority on the loans.

Thanks for the reply.

Guest Anglofile

Oh.

I've just sat on my ass on here really - acknowledged the Mrs when she came home from work having got a bath ready for her, then decided to get in after her (I now smell like a girl), sat down and had dinner with her and now it's time to hand over the Laptop as she needs to do some work, selfish cow.

Now that's about as funny a post as I've heard.

Nearly busted a gut!!!

:laugh:

Guest billsaja

How long have you been supporting / watching the Owls ?

First game I attended was in 1977.

Really became a fan in late 1979. Come from a split household (Dad was Wednesday, in-laws were Doncaster).

My instincts would be not as investors but as brokers/middle men, quite plausible. The fact that Lee is talking to them, and the fact that John Prutch's quote says they are not discussing buying shares but "putting their expertise to good use" suggests they may well have found investors, which is fab.

The fact that they have distanced themselves from this Anglofile and let him trot off to Norwich with his unique line of BS is encouraging, indeed looking back the only person who stated C9S were the actual investors was him and he is about as credible as Far Canal with a Caribbean Bank Manager and a UN Goodwill Ambassador.

So yes, I think it is entirely possible that C9S acting in conjunction with Inner Circle have found an interested party though the negotiations would suggest he is not interested in the simple deal that was proposed - the 20mm for 86% that Lee had pre-negotiated already with the bank.

If I was a betting man I would guess a small amount of money is in play here and they are trying to use it to get the Co-Op to make some concessions and/or cede seniority on the loans.

You mean in the official statment on the OS? Where he actually said, "What I can confirm is that at no stage have we discussed the possibility of buying shares in Sheffield Wednesday plc. We are pursuing a deal by which our capital and skills can be utilised to assist the current management team"