Reading v Sheffield Wednesday

Never rated him as a manager and didn't want hin at Hillsborough. Imagine my dismay when we actually went out to get him instead of him coming to us.

Looks like I'm right again but oh well, don't ever saw I didn't tell you so.

How you can blame Irvine for this i am unsure. He's made the situation look better than it could be. He still has a decent win ratio for us.

You are rumbleing stupid if you think its Irvine's fault.

Absolutely diabolical and totally unacceptable.

This lot are the biggest shower of overpaid, underworked wasters I have ever seen wearing our shirts.

They are an absolute embarrassment and a disgrace to the club. :angry:

Absolutely!

Even in the dark days of the 1970's the players did not rake in the fortunes these lot are getting.

what really angers me is that we are good enough to do ok in this league, but for some reason, none of them are playing to their potential. WHy is that? Coaching? management? technical practice? WHy does JoC follow Potter everywhere? Why does Hinds not know where to stand when in central defence. Why doesn't Spurr surge forward anymore. Why can't Tudguy control it anymore? These are things that they could do last year, but can't any more.

WHY?

How you can blame Irvine for this i am unsure. He's made the situation look better than it could be. He still has a decent win ratio for us.

Please get you mom to read through post with you before replying. When you've done that, please expand upon why you think I said it was AI's fault.

it clearly a team problem

when they actually took on board what he told them we won games. Now they are all over the shop with no confidence

The only way to make it better is to kick the players that don't give a poo poo out of the team, work extremely hard on the training ground, but most importantly drum it into the players that they ARE good enough to stay up. They must believe this. Irvine needs to completely lay into them after the game, make them realise that most people would give anything to wear that shirt every week, but at the end draw a line under today, and say the season starts at Hillsborough next week. Tbh they should be in tomorrow after the performance today. The manager should have a chat with each player to decide who are the eleven that should be in the team to keep us up, which players deserve the chance to prove they can turn this round. Personally I think the team should be:

........................Grant

Simek........Hinds.........Purse.........Nolan

........................Potter..........................

Tudgay.....McAllister.....O'Connor....Gray

........................Varney.......................

why gray he's one of the reasons we're in the poo get to specsavers and take irvine with ya

Guest Briscoe Inferno

what really angers me is that we are good enough to do ok in this league, but for some reason, none of them are playing to their potential. WHy is that? Coaching? management? technical practice? WHy does JoC follow Potter everywhere? Why does Hinds not know where to stand when in central defence. Why doesn't Spurr surge forward anymore. Why can't Tudguy control it anymore? These are things that they could do last year, but can't any more.

WHY?

Attitude and zero self respect.....

Reading 5-0 Sheffield Wednesday

Possession: 50-50

Shots on target: 8-2

Shots off target: 3-7

Corners: 10-2

Fouls: 11-18

Most fouls: Khizanishvili (3) Potter (4)

Yellow cards: 0-0

Red cards: 0-0

Grant, Nolan, Hinds, Beevers, Spurr, Soares (Miller 46), Potter, O'Connor McAllister 74), Gray (Clarke 46), Tudgay, Varney.

Subs not used: O'Donnell, Boden, Esajas, Simek,

Unlucky Wednesday :laugh:

Well done Reading.

hey, comeon... this team is great at a few things....

Being useless, characterless, bottleless and a disgrace.

COMPLETE rebuilding job required - how anyone can defend them I just don't know and it gets tiring to keep looking for excuses for them the poor things.

3 critical relegation battles and 0 points, rolled over and died.

There is no basis to suggest these play-off pretenders aren't taking us down.

hey, comeon... this team is great at a few things....

Being useless, characterless, bottleless and a disgrace.

COMPLETE rebuilding job required - how anyone can defend them I just don't know and it gets tiring to keep looking for excuses for them the poor things.

3 critical relegation battles and 0 points, rolled over and died.

There is no basis to suggest these play-off pretenders aren't taking us down.

This is what our chairman needs to say in public - it's a time for telling it like it is.

If it demoralises the players, so be it. Diddums. We're f-cked anyway.

WHY?

Been saying for years that I didn't know what was going on on the training ground. Nobody knows how to make space, take up positions, we are often too deep and too narrow.

If Spurr gets forward all the opposition have to do is knock the ball long into the space behind him.

Tudgay has never been able to control the ball especially on the first touch. He can't even pass the ball properly; he passes it to someone's head when they are stood 10 yards away, or he either lacks passing direction, kicks it too softly, but generally kicks it too hard so that it can't be controlled. Then there's the fact he's supposed to be playing as a striker, with his back to goal which should never be done, but he's always in midfield rather than up front bog-lining like all strikers should.

These things have been said time and time again but nobody ever listens, oh well.