Crystal Palace in Admin

Guest becauseofboxingday

Sky reporter in the North East has just seen the Palace players and staff arrive for the game vs Newcastle and none of the players or management had any idea the club was in administration!

:biggrin:

I find that quite funny to be honest.

Perhaps Jordan was hoping they wouldn't notice.

Warnock "Everyting allright Simon?"

Jordan "Erm yes Neil, everything is fine, super fine i'll have you know."

Warnock "Ok, so what are those bailiffs doing with that sofa?"

Jordan "Err nothing, nothing Neil, everything is fine, I just didn't like it anymore."

Warnock "Ok, so what are those bailiffs doing with Vicor Moses?"

Edited by SiJ

I know what you mean, but to an (pretty small) extent I disagree - where does the pressure for the board to spendspendspend come from? I know that its up to the chairmen to be stronger, and to say no to ludicrous demands, but that wouldn't be even the slightest issue if it wasn't for idiotic fans trotting out the old clichés - "speculate to accumulate" etc etc.

We STILL have fans that want us to spend money we don't have to "get to the next level" despite the fact that it was doing just that that landed us in this mess!

You cannot expect the fans to turn up and ho hum about stuff...any fan of any club goes to howl their team on to win...maybe sometimes its not realistic, but whats the point turning up otherwise...The folk who run an play for clubs earn an inordinate amount of money...they are paid to make decisions that may not be palatable and the board are custodians of the club...itrs the same as having a screaming kid askin' for a playstation when you cannot afford it...you don't get it...but fans are fed some much crap these days...promised this and that pre season to get the ticket money in...when it goes pear shaped they have a right to complain...they do not deserve to see the football club that has promised what they cannot deliver tumble down the league because of circumstances they have little or no control over..

So they can wipe their £30m debt out and plan for the future with more hope than we can at the minute, something isnt right about that. Teams should be docked more than 10points imo.

I sometimes think admin is our only hope for long term future seeing as its obvious we arent getting investment, its the easy way out but its a good way to get rid of huge debts and start over, because lets be honest we aint going to get out of this debt without it.

yet lose all their best players and also stadium and training complex, having to loan the latter two back at a very high premium

Guest wincobankowl

I thought Simon Jordan owned the satdium? Might be wrong tho....

Are HMRC the owed the main debt?, if so it is highly unlikley that they are going to get out of this with just a 10 point deduction, 5p in the £ and carry on jobbie.

HMRC will want as much of the cash back as possible.

Palace could be in serious trouble here. Dont be surprised if they end up with an extra 15points for not agreeing a CVA.

Edited by wincobankowl

I thought Simon Jordan owned the satdium? Might be wrong tho....

Are HMRC the owed the main debt?, if so it is highly unlikley that they are going to get out of this with just a 10 point deduction, 5p in the £ and carry on jobbie.

HMRC will want as much of the cash back as possible.

Palace could be in serious trouble here. Dont be surprised if they end up with an extra 15points for not agreeing a CVA.

Everyone thought he did, but it turned out he didn't

In 2006 Jordan appeared to safeguard the club's long-term future when he claimed he had bought the freehold of Selhurst Park from Noades for £12m.

However, the transaction had actually been completed through financing organised by former Tottenham director Paul Kemsley and his company Rock Joint Ventures Ltd.

The move backfired as Jordan was unable to buy the ground from Kemsley and the club ended up with a 25-year lease charging £1.2m a year in rent. To make things worse, Selhurst Park is now vulnerable for Rock have gone into administration and the site is in danger of being sold. Noades added: "Even if Palace go into administration, unless Jordan can sort the freehold out, the club won't have a future anyway.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-spo...s-ron-noades.do

So they can wipe their £30m debt out and plan for the future with more hope than we can at the minute, something isnt right about that. Teams should be docked more than 10points imo.

I sometimes think admin is our only hope for long term future seeing as its obvious we arent getting investment, its the easy way out but its a good way to get rid of huge debts and start over, because lets be honest we aint going to get out of this debt without it.

You would take a massive gamble though by doing this. Your suggested route is made on the understanding that we WILL be bought by someone after entering administration.

Thats not really a given. What of there is not an offer deemed suitable by the Accountant running the Administration?

Well, then you get liquidated and kicked out of the football league all together. Is that a gamble you are really willing to take just to get rid of the debt that few years quicker?

Not me.

Said on sky this is the second time in 9 yrs they have gone into admin? Thats a flippingdisgrace, weve been dragging our baggage of debt (and as supporters) watching crud players because of it. Yet they now write off another shed load of debt, and will probably stay up as well. Coonts should be thrown out of the league. Cheating cocknet tw@ts

Said on sky this is the second time in 9 yrs they have gone into admin? Thats a flippingdisgrace, weve been dragging our baggage of debt (and as supporters) watching crud players because of it. Yet they now write off another shed load of debt, and will probably stay up as well. Coonts should be thrown out of the league. Cheating cocknet tw@ts

Thats how i feel about it