Crystal Palace in Admin

Guest becauseofboxingday

Are you lot serious?

Why should we get a further reduction of points?

Just because it has happened twice in 10 years is no reason. It looks like we have been called in because we did not sell players (Victor Moses) when expected. This should be applauded not discussed as it is on these boards.

Is it possible for you to put aside your hatred for Warnock for a minute and just look at the situation?

Our clubs are not that different, in fact after coming on here I didnt realise how close to the brink you are/where?

I have said it on a Palace board and ill say ot here, the football world stinks.

I suppose all i am saying is, before you go accusing clubs of cheating look at the facts.

-This doesnt help us

-We will lose our best players

-We will be lucky to stay in this league

This isnt a Ken Bates style trick, we are properly in the poo poo.

I just hope to god you, and other clubs like you/us dont go the same way...

Scott

I take no satisfaction in this news. These must be terribly worrying times - sincere best wishes for your club and all its supporters.

10 points is nowhere near a big enough penalty for any club. A better penalty would be for the club involved to be automatically relegated one league from where they would have started the following season.

This would ensure clubs have a guaranteed penalty. It would make sure clubs that went into admin knowing they were going down anyway would go down an additional league.

Are you lot serious?

Just because it has happened twice in 10 years is no reason. It looks like we have been called in because we did not sell players (Victor Moses) when expected. This should be applauded not discussed as it is on these boards.

Is it possible for you to put aside your hatred for Warnock for a minute and just look at the situation?

Our clubs are not that different, in fact after coming on here I didnt realise how close to the brink you are/where?

I have said it on a Palace board and ill say ot here, the football world stinks.

I suppose all i am saying is, before you go accusing clubs of cheating look at the facts.

-This doesnt help us

To be fair i agree with what you say :cool:

10 points is nowhere near a big enough penalty for any club. A better penalty would be for the club involved to be automatically relegated one league from where they would have started the following season.

This would ensure clubs have a guaranteed penalty. It would make sure clubs that went into admin knowing they were going down anyway would go down an additional league.

Do you not understand that its the supporters that suffer from this.......just such a pathetic attitude. Is it ok for M. United to be £700million in debt

Guest Walkley_Owl

it is ok for Man Yoo, they get 75k every game and get enough revenue, it isn't their fault the Glazers saddled the debt of buying them onto the club

Anyone who think's this is good or calling for harsher penalties needs to have a think on.

This is the way football is going. Too many clubs in the current league structure are unsustainable. We're INCREDIBLY lucky that because we were able to attract 27,000 fans while we were down in League One that it wasn't us and our £26m of saddled baggage. It is not good for English football for it's clubs to start going to the wall, and sooner or later a league club is going to go bust. It's not like Palace have gambled on bank rolling themselves to "live the dream". To the contrary, they have had to sell, rely on freebies and a productive youth system just to survive it would seem.

In the completely selfish short term this is great news for us and our fight to avoid the drop ourselves - especially seeing as we'd probably be going through Admin ourselves back in League One - but the wider ramifications of this are a depressing sign of the times.

Just as a note, point deductions are a RIDICULOUS way of sorting these situations out. It punishes nobody but the players and the supporters, neither of whom have anything to do with the financial running of the club. It should be reviewed as a penalty structure by the governing bodies, not increased.

Are you lot serious?

-This doesnt help us

I understand your perspective - but the bottom line is Palace have been spending money they hadn't got/couldn't service debt.

There has to be a penalty for this behaviour whether it's Wednesday, Palace or Man Utd.

It's a crazy world. For me if it takes more clubs to go pop and reality kick in so be it.

Guest thetruthisoutthere

Everyone thought he did, but it turned out he didn't

In 2006 Jordan appeared to safeguard the club's long-term future when he claimed he had bought the freehold of Selhurst Park from Noades for £12m.

However, the transaction had actually been completed through financing organised by former Tottenham director Paul Kemsley and his company Rock Joint Ventures Ltd.

The move backfired as Jordan was unable to buy the ground from Kemsley and the club ended up with a 25-year lease charging £1.2m a year in rent. To make things worse, Selhurst Park is now vulnerable for Rock have gone into administration and the site is in danger of being sold. Noades added: "Even if Palace go into administration, unless Jordan can sort the freehold out, the club won't have a future anyway.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-spo...s-ron-noades.do

Hope you dont mind me highjacking this bit of your post to prove a point

People that suggest administration is an option for us should look at this snippet highlighted and realise that our debt costs 500k per year, going into admin would cost us well over double that just to rent back our beloved Hillsborough and that debt would never go away

Do you not understand that its the supporters that suffer from this.......just such a pathetic attitude. Is it ok for M. United to be £700million in debt

I do understand, but football cannot go on like this. Fans will suffer but that's life. Clubs should definately be penalised for spending money they do not have.

I hate Man Utd and don't think it's ok for them to be £700m in debt. I hope it comes back to bite them.

I understand your perspective - but the bottom line is Palace have been spending money they hadn't got/couldn't service debt.

There has to be a penalty for this behaviour whether it's Wednesday, Palace or Man Utd.

It's a crazy world. For me if it takes more clubs to go pop and reality kick in so be it.

Is that the case for us????

We have just been trying to survive. Massive difference.

Guest skottcpfc

I disagree. This is down on record. Look how little we spent when we went up! Granted we paid £16,000 a week to Johnson when we came back down, but I suppose we were banking on him not getting injured and firing us into the prem again.

Palace have been fairly prudent for the last few years, especially after Warnock came in, which is one reason why he is loved at Palace now. He is a c$£t, but hes our c$%t.

I unfortunately think that until a 'big' club goes to the wall this will not be looked at.

One of my best friends is a Wednesday fan and has hinted that you are a little bit skint. Maybe for a year or so. I knew Palace were a bit skint too. Not till today did I realise how much.

Guest Walkley_Owl

We're skint but aren't going into admin, I'm fed up of football clubs screwing the tax man over though.

Pay yer fcuking debts

Guest skottcpfc

We're skint but aren't going into admin, I'm fed up of football clubs screwing the tax man over though.

Pay yer fcuking debts

a fine line by all accounts...

Pay yer fcuking debts

Bit hypercritical isnt it? to say we are £26m in debt or some where arround that and if that isnt a debt then sod knows what is, I think you mean your fed up of seeing football clubs being ran badly.

Guest Walkley_Owl

Scott, the only group that can put us into admin is our bank who have been very supportive, we pay our players and the tax man every month.

tilidie, secured against assets mate, and no i meant I'm fed up of the taxman being screwed by football clubs

Pay yer fcuking debts

maybe you should put more effort into big clubs screwing the fans......

Palace have an amazing Academy but do we get a fair price for the young players we bring through, do we hell. The big clubs can do as they please but its clubs like us and maybe yours that will suffer