Crystal Palace in Admin

Guest becauseofboxingday

No. I would assume they pay way below the value? Promble is, assets will be flogged off cheap now they are in the hands of the administrators to pay creditors. They should have sold them off cheaply prior to this, at least they'd avoid the 10 point penalty as well!

And the rest - they know people are vunerable and can get away with giving you a pittance for something.

I'd imagine they'd exhausted their options with their players. Don't they owe the tax man a few mllion tomorrow too?

Vultures are circling - but they wait for you to fall down on your own before the start picking you apart. Easier that way

And the rest - they know people are vunerable and can get away with giving you a pittance for something.

I'd imagine they'd exhausted their options with their players. Don't they owe the tax man a few mllion tomorrow too?

Vultures are circling - but they wait for you to fall down on your own before the start picking you apart. Easier that way

Very true, but with P&A saying they don't expect to be there long because of a host of interewted parties, they may not need to sell their star players. So, it's possible the vultures have missed their pray?

And its only just occurred to me all the unintended puns in the last few posts given Crystal Palace's nickname :biggrin:

Just hope the chance to pick up a London club on the cheap and debt free doesn't turn the heads of our investors.

If the investors interested in SWFC are looking mainly at attendances, then they won't be looking at Crystal Palace for very long!

Does make me wonder why an investment company with the reputation of Inner Circle would take the likes of Crystal Palace on their books given their obvious financial problems.

Guest silkmeister

I thought the FA could now decide when to administer the points penalty as to avoid clubs making sure they will stay up before filing. This prevents clubs basically benefitting from going into admin and removing debt etc. while maintaining their current league status.

Was it not dirty Leeds who tried to wait until the end of the season, all but the last kick anyway, and work out where they would be if they went into admin and avoid the points deduction the following season?

Very true, but with P&A saying they don't expect to be there long because of a host of interewted parties, they may not need to sell their star players. So, it's possible the vultures have missed their pray?

And its only just occurred to me all the unintended puns in the last few posts given Crystal Palace's nickname :biggrin:

Yes but the administrator is going to say that aren't that?

If the company is insolvent - which is what administration actually means there are some serious financial problems at that company. The administrator is only employed to keep thr business going as a running concern to pay off the creditors.

If I had a big wad of cash I'd be very very wary of putting any money into an insolvent business. Especially a football club

Despite the perception in football administration is not an event that means you've cleared your debts. It's the start of an open sale to try and recoop some money for the creditors. 5p in the £ it is not.

I always feel for the fans in these situations...to be honest they are the only poor bleeders who are blameless in the whole shambles..

having to put up with jibes from palace fans for the last 3 years I feel sorry for them too ---------NOT!

I always feel for the fans in these situations...to be honest they are the only poor bleeders who are blameless in the whole shambles..

I know what you mean, but to an (pretty small) extent I disagree - where does the pressure for the board to spendspendspend come from? I know that its up to the chairmen to be stronger, and to say no to ludicrous demands, but that wouldn't be even the slightest issue if it wasn't for idiotic fans trotting out the old clichés - "speculate to accumulate" etc etc.

We STILL have fans that want us to spend money we don't have to "get to the next level" despite the fact that it was doing just that that landed us in this mess!

I thought the FA could now decide when to administer the points penalty as to avoid clubs making sure they will stay up before filing. This prevents clubs basically benefitting from going into admin and removing debt etc. while maintaining their current league status.

Was it not dirty Leeds who tried to wait until the end of the season, all but the last kick anyway, and work out where they would be if they went into admin and avoid the points deduction the following season?

I thought that kicked in after March 1st to avoid clubs already in the relegation mire/more than 10 points clear purposely 'fixing' administration dates?

Last season, Southampton were told if they were to stay up they would be deducted points to ensure they were relegated, but if they were heading down anyway, the 10 points would carry over to the next season?

Apart from the poor sods who could lose their jobs at the club in some cases, or local suppliers who may not get the money they're owed, as opposed to being someone who sees their football team lose 10 points.

So they can wipe their £30m debt out and plan for the future with more hope than we can at the minute, something isnt right about that. Teams should be docked more than 10points imo.

I sometimes think admin is our only hope for long term future seeing as its obvious we arent getting investment, its the easy way out but its a good way to get rid of huge debts and start over, because lets be honest we aint going to get out of this debt without it.