Crystal Palace in Admin

Guest becauseofboxingday

Question for the Palace fans.

Do you have a hotel?

:laugh:

Actually, our grunting cousins could easliy fall into the same situation as Palace even though they are 'asset rich' with their hotel, health clubs, etc. Assets mean **** all if you can't liquidate them to raise the necessary cash to operate - just look at us with the training ground. If we could liquidate that asset then we'd be able to wipe a big chunk off our debt.

Guest skottcpfc

It's nothing against Palace, but look at say Southampton for example and us.

We have £26 million debt built up from around a decade ago. Since then we've had to buy cheap or get free transfers, as we are trying to pay back what we owe. We went down to league one, and just managed to get back to here. Where we're still broke.

Southampton are buying players that we can't afford and they'll probably be in the same league as us next year with a bigger transfer and wage budget in their shiny new stadium. Would they be able to do that without going into admin?

Does that seem fair to you?

NO NO and NO... They bought one of our arguarbly best players for £1.5million!! and they were a club that have just come out of admin, or if not very close too. My point in coming on here was to stress tha from the fans side this was not the expected outcome. If we have spent a lot of money then the remarks that came off this board would be expected.

Of our expensive signings over the last few years have been few, we have hardly been buying the league year in year out...

you had/have jeffers, he must have been on massive wages with all that natural talent...

very true my friend but the point is we have honoured is contract every month his salary rightly or wrongly goes in his bank account coz we are a club of honour and sooner or later we will come out of the debt we owe with our heads held high and reputation intact unlike your outfit

Guest skottcpfc

very true my friend but the point is we have honoured is contract every month his salary rightly or wrongly goes in his bank account coz we are a club of honour and sooner or later we will come out of the debt we owe with our heads held high and reputation intact unlike your outfit

Ans what makes you think Palace wont?

Guest thetruthisoutthere

NO NO and NO... They bought one of our arguarbly best players for £1.5million!! and they were a club that have just come out of admin, or if not very close too. My point in coming on here was to stress tha from the fans side this was not the expected outcome. If we have spent a lot of money then the remarks that came off this board would be expected.

Of our expensive signings over the last few years have been few, we have hardly been buying the league year in year out...

I think the anger comes from when we learned this is the 2nd time in 10 years you have been in this position and clearly the club of C.P.F.C. did not learn the first time round.

Maybe that is why we are suggesting a bigger punishment is required this time (points)

you are so missing the point but congrats to you for being such the perfect club

Guest skottcpfc

I think the anger comes from when we learned this is the 2nd time in 10 years you have been in this position and clearly the club of C.P.F.C. did not learn the first time round.

Maybe that is why we are suggesting a bigger punishment is required this time (points)

You can not blame the business for the boss. To punish what has essentially become a brand, (And I do not mean Palace, I am referring to ALL clubs) is ridiculous.

Guest thetruthisoutthere

you are so missing the point but congrats to you for being such the perfect club

No he has hit the nail on the head

The point is we only purchased players we could afford to pay and Jeffers having his readies in his bank every week prooves this, that is the point.......the point is that the players you have signed have regularly been payed late and now on an even bigger scale youre going bust.....henseforth you could not afford them and should not have purchased them

That is the point

Like i said

S.W.F.C. AND C.P.F.C. Are 2 totally different animals for many different reasons

Guest skottcpfc

No he has hit the nail on the head

The point is we only purchased players we could afford to pay and Jeffers having his readies in his bank every week prooves this, that is the point.......the point is that the players you have signed have regularly been payed late and now on an even bigger scale youre going bust.....henseforth you could not afford them and should not have purchased them

That is the point

Like i said

S.W.F.C. AND C.P.F.C. Are 2 totally different animals for many different reasons

you really are missing the point...

Ans what makes you think Palace wont?

because u dont pay your debts u didnt 10years ago and u doing he same again ..... do wot we did get rid of your high earners replace them with crap players on low wages get relegated and start again ,its a long and painful haul but its the fairest way

because u dont pay your debts u didnt 10years ago and u doing he same again ..... do wot we did get rid of your high earners replace them with crap players on low wages get relegated and start again ,its a long and painful haul but its the fairest way

10 years ago is so different to now........but clearly you are too ignorant to understand

look this is about more than expensive footballers.......but again you are too ignorant to understand

i passionately believe in 'true' football clubs........Palace don't have a fancy stadium......no star players

Guest skottcpfc

Ten years ago we got boughtbuy a fantasist that bought lombardo and eventually made him manager!

There is not some god like figure that looks over Palace to stop this happening.

Jordan has been in charge ten years and we have been fine, but things have caught up. Recession, this disgusting fasination with the top four clubs and the fact that we are just not that glamourous all mounts up.

If you really think we are that bad your mistaken...

Guest Walkley_Owl

Palaces' main problem 10 years ago were Goldberg/Venables/Noades now it's finance companies, how did you squander all the parachute payments from 2005?

Guest skottcpfc

Palaces' main problem 10 years ago were Goldberg/Venables/Noades now it's finance companies, how did you squander all the parachute payments from 2005?

seriously i give up... god what did you give charlton when they went down...

we loved simon jordan because he is a palace fan.......what he believes in is good for the game but in the end he just didn't have enough money

not his fault but a fault of the whole football business

he made mistakes....... prices at selhurst went through the roof

but in the end he got desperate, not greedy

Guest Walkley_Owl

seriously i give up... god what did you give charlton when they went down...

It wasn't a dig, it was an observation and a genuine question

btw I like Jordan too, he's honest

10 years ago is so different to now........but clearly you are too ignorant to understand

look this is about more than expensive footballers.......but again you are too ignorant to understand

i passionately believe in 'true' football clubs........Palace don't have a fancy stadium......no star players

ok wots to understand u are a football club u know roughly wot your gates are going to be so u make a budget for the coming year u work out wot u can spend on wages and signings and other costs and if u stick to that budget u should be ok .palace obviously didnt . now if im missing something can u tell me wot it is

Guest thetruthisoutthere

Ten years ago we got boughtbuy a fantasist that bought lombardo and eventually made him manager!

There is not some god like figure that looks over Palace to stop this happening.

Jordan has been in charge ten years and we have been fine, but things have caught up. Recession, this disgusting fasination with the top four clubs and the fact that we are just not that glamourous all mounts up.

If you really think we are that bad your mistaken...

Guys you have bigger problems that to convince us of your way of thinking, your time would be better spent on palace boards trying to convince your own fans not to jump ship and still turn up to games cos that could compound your troubles.

For the record i feel sorry for what you "the fans" are about to endure, i am sure you will now end up in the 3rd division, but i have no sympathy for any club that gets themselves in this mess no one put a knife to your chairmans throwt and said sign 4 players on xxxx amount of cash or it's lights out time.

Your implosion has been purely voluntary

That is all

Edited by thetruthisoutthere

ok wots to understand u are a football club u know roughly wot your gates are going to be so u make a budget for the coming year u work out wot u can spend on wages and signings and other costs and if u stick to that budget u should be ok .palace obviously didnt . now if im missing something can u tell me wot it is

lol and lol again.

hey good luck to you all......remember we are all fans, different clubs, but fans all the same.