Forestieri or Jota

Ideally I would love for us to keep Forestieri and all our best players, and bring in a quality player like Jota or Lawrence. I think Jota will probably get a top flight move. Our best bet regardless of whether Forestieri goes or stays, is to look at bringing in a young attacking midfielder from the top flight like Lawrence or Ojo. To realistically go for top 2 we need to hang onto our key players and improve our first 11.

Keep FF.

We play a very conservative style and FF is there only player who can pick up the ball and do something all by himself. 

I don't Jota could do that as he doesn't have the same stegnth and fight that Ff has. Yes he's similar to FF in that he's a flair player but the way Brentford play is suited to his own playing style. We would have to rethink changing our system drastically to make Jota a worthwhile signing. 

11 minutes ago, Holmes said:

Why would you?

I honestly think Forestieri burnt his bridges after the Norwich game, it was very admirable of DC to act how he did but for me Forestieri hasn't been the same player since and a fraction of the player we saw last season.

If rumours are right and he wants a move away then its a no brainer.

Edited by Blue and white

Guest Kagoshimaowl

One on the left and one on the right would be amazing.  Hooper, Fletcher, Rhodes Er al would love it!

Just now, Blue and white said:

I honestly think Forestieri burnt his bridges after the Norwich game, it was very admirable of DC to act how he did but for me Forestieri has been the same player since and a fraction of the player we saw last season.

If rumours are right and he wants a move away then its a no brainer.

Was arguably the best player last season, and wasn't firing on all cylinders.  A bit of a gamble to let him go.

Stopped listening to rumours about him, to be honest, he only went to the bloody gym.

I'd rather we kept FF and signed Jota

A fully fit Forestieri focused on doing his best & developing his career with us gets my vote.

However if he's trying to engineer a move away despite indicating otherwise then he can feck right off. I've not seen enough of Jota to say whether he'd be the ideal replacement or not.

9 minutes ago, mogbad said:

A fully fit Forestieri focused on doing his best & developing his career with us gets my vote.

However if he's trying to engineer a move away despite indicating otherwise then he can feck right off. I've not seen enough of Jota to say whether he'd be the ideal replacement or not.

By all accounts, he too is trying to engineer a move to the Premier League

No, Forestieri has over the last 4/5 years shown a relatively consistent level. Particularly over the 2 he's spent with us. Jota has had periods of very good form and periods of not even being anywhere near. Good player but better than Forestieri? Not a chance.

Forestieri is a far far better player than Jota.

It amazes me that some fans would be happy to see him go.

If we were to sell Nando, there isn't another player at this level who we could sign that could come in and do a similar job.

We don't have another player like him who can create something out of nothing, not many clubs at this level have.