Whatever happens...

...let's not behave in the same manner as Fulham fans with regard to the playoffs.

I don't believe I've never come across such a set of bitter fans when they lose or entitled fans when they win.  The playoffs were theirs according to them, they deserved it, they play the best football yada yada, and every game they lose they do nothing but complain about the apparent aggressive tactics of their opposition or the performance of the referee.  (They do like to fall over those Fulham players)

They were cheated out of the playoffs last night by the referee, you see.  Nothing to do with fluffing your chances, good defending, Al-habsi or handling the ball in your own penalty area.

Really hope we make it through tonight but if not i'll be looking forward to the summer with optimism regardless.  We're on our way.

UTO.

Edited by wednesdaywizard

If we lose tonight I'm staying well away from here. It's not been as pretty this season for sure but agree with the OP - we are going in he right direction and CC on the whole has done a good job. 

Onwards and upwards if thats the case. 

Enough of that tho, let's have it 

Fulham certainly looked good going forward, but they do look a little exposed in defence to me.  Stamp won the tactical battle Reading were very well marshalled and prepared to throw their bodies on the line and have a top class keeper.

Reading deserved to go through.

If we get to play them then it will be a game of chess can't see either side just going for it both sides are too professional for that.

6 minutes ago, selbyowls said:

What ever happens tonight we have had a fantastic season, 

Bring on next season what division we are in.

What part has been fantastic? Yes we made the playoffs, but with the level of investment that was the minimum requirement for an acceptable season. 

When you consider the way in which we've approached games this season I don't see how anyone can describe it as 'fantastic'. Are you forgetting all the games where we've been absolutely dire for the first 45 and only marginally better in the second half?

Dont mean to be a party pooper but some have short memories on here.

3 minutes ago, Ballmeist said:

What part has been fantastic? Yes we made the playoffs, but with the level of investment that was the minimum requirement for an acceptable season. 

When you consider the way in which we've approached games this season I don't see how anyone can describe it as 'fantastic'. Are you forgetting all the games where we've been absolutely dire for the first 45 and only marginally better in the second half?

I think that about sums up a party pooper.

Go and find another party to spoil. 

51 minutes ago, wednesdaywizard said:

...let's not behave in the same manner as Fulham fans with regard to the playoffs.

I don't believe I've never come across such a set of bitter fans when they lose or entitled fans when they win.  The playoffs were theirs according to them, they deserved it, they play the best football yada yada, and every game they lose they do nothing but complain about the apparent aggressive tactics of their opposition or the performance of the referee.  (They do like to fall over those Fulham players)

They were cheated out of the playoffs last night by the referee, you see.  Nothing to do with fluffing your chances, good defending, Al-habsi or handling the ball in your own penalty area.

Really hope we make it through tonight but if not i'll be looking forward to the summer with optimism regardless.  We're on our way.

UTO.

We always blame the referee.

1 minute ago, Ballmeist said:

I am not forgetting Preston new years eve probably one of the worst ,but we have ground results out when required and moved forward as a team and a club.

Many clubs with fans with even bigger expectations than ours have not even challenged for the playoffs.

I don't have a short memory we would have taken tonight every season for the last 15 years.

9 minutes ago, Holmes said:

I think that about sums up a party pooper.

Go and find another party to spoil. 

Haha - I'm sure the above would be a popular opinion if we play like we did Sunday and get knocked out tonight.

We'll go along with blind enthusiasm until then though and then we'll well all decide whether to slate or worship the manager. No point in having a balanced view before then, it just wouldn't be the owlstalk way! 

1 minute ago, selbyowls said:

I am not forgetting Preston new years eve probably one of the worst ,but we have ground results out when required and moved forward as a team and a club.

Many clubs with fans with even bigger expectations than ours have not even challenged for the playoffs.

I don't have a short memory we would have taken tonight every season for the last 15 years.

Fair point, I don't disagree with the above but just wouldn't have used the word fantastic to sum up our season to date!

If we can grind out results over the next two games, and make it to the promised land then the end will justify the means!

2 minutes ago, Ballmeist said:

Haha - I'm sure the above would be a popular opinion if we play like we did Sunday and get knocked out tonight.

We'll go along with blind enthusiasm until then though and then we'll well all decide whether to slate or worship the manager. No point in having a balanced view before then, it just wouldn't be the owlstalk way! 

Sounds like your real motive is to have a go at CC come what may.  Our dialogue is at an end you bore and sadden me..

Have a nice day.

I reckon if someone three years ago had offered you playoffs in consecutive seasons (only the 5th time is been done)  and a trip to Wembley we would have told them to stop drinking the loopy juice. 

Ill be gutted if we lose tonight but we are building something here and it will come to fruition