Do Wednesday have the advantage?

Since the inception of the Championship Play Offs (in the current format in 1991) the away team have drawn 17 times in the first leg........

They have gone on to Wembley on 10 occasions and lost 7 times.

Therefore, according to that, we can be 58.8% confident.

Please feel free to comment on why else Wednesday can be confident lol

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

A lead gives a proper advantage but just based on our experience of play offs, being at home is a completely different scenario to the away leg. 

Its a slight advantage but it's up to the fans as to how much of an advantage we make it. 

Because I don't want to cancel my hotel booking!

Because we have had more big nights under the lights inc, Liverpool, Burnley , Chelsea, Kaiserslautern,  Southend.,

Because "Carlos had a dream"

Because Chansiri said we would be promoted. 

And because I just cant see them having enough to beat us tomorrow night (fingers crossed)

Because right from the off tomorrow night Wednesday will go straight for the jugular, free flowing attacking football Udders won't know what hit them, particularly with Hillsborough rocking, believe!! WAWAW!! Up The Owls!!

As much as I would like to see us play fantastic tomorrow night and put 3 past them. I would love to see the reaction on their boards if we put in another performance like Sunday and won with a last minute deflected goal, just to wind them up even more. 

Guest Ferkorf

Without being cocky or arrogant as the Hudders/Fulham/Reading  fans say.

We have a way better squad than Huddersfield.

They threw everything at us and couldn't score.

At Hillsborough 30k Swfc fans are going to rock the place if we get an early goal Hudders will crumble.

I do respect Huddersfield but I feel we have way more than them and we should be pretty confident of reaching the final.

We need all our players focused to perfection and giving 100% in every duel, delivering a performance like the 1st leg v Brighton last year, going out offensively but also maintaining a great defense to prevent conceding anything now that we'll have to be attacking more. After tomorrow's match they have 12 days to rest ahead of a potential final so there's no point holding back now; holding back could mean it's the last match of the season!

The atmosphere of Hillsborough will guaranteed be the 12th man for Wednesday but ultimately it's two teams of 11, level on points and with 50/50 shot at this.

Come on Wednesday!

UTO

1 hour ago, Holmes said:

Said it a few times if it at the beginning of the season, I was given the chance for a one-off game at home to get to Wembley, I'd have taken it.

And against Huddersfield!

Don't think any of us are being cocky, Yes feel confident which some may seem as arrogant but, if we play as we have done when it matters this season I just think we have to much for them. They are a good team and they have been ahead of us most of the season and have done fantastic with their smaller squad. I just think that when it really matters we have the players who will handle the occasion better. 

All the way through just had a sneaky feeling we would do it this year.