George Hirst

He's literally just signed one. If he's after silly money because of PL interest I think we should get as much money as we can for him in the circumstances and ensure that there's a massive sell on clause.

Pure greed.

Shut up you fanny.

He'll be on hardly anything. Other players in that England Under 18 squad will be on £10K per week.

If he breaks his leg tomorrow he'll end up with a poo poo job like the rest of us.

If he can get a 4 year contract on £5K per week he should do everything in his power to do it.

Shut up you fanny.

He'll be on hardly anything. Other players in that England Under 18 squad will be on £10K per week.

If he breaks his leg tomorrow he'll end up with a poo poo job like the rest of us.

If he can get a 4 year contract on £5K per week he should do everything in his power to do it.

Speak for yourself you fanny, my job isn't poo poo.

We aren't a club with the same resources as the teams that the other players in the England squad play for.

Hence my point. If he wants to go, get as much money as we can for him with as large a sell-on clause as possible. Good for the player, good for the club.

Shut up you fanny.

How's it going David? 

It must be a difficult situation for a parent

you know one good contract will set the lad up for life, financially

however going to a huge club is more likely to wreck his career in the long term 

if I were his Dad, I would be trying to get him somewhere like Everton

Shut up you fanny.

Loftus Cheek was on £20000 a week three years ago as an 18 year old.

Guest timrud

He can't even get in our first team, so why would Everton be good for him?

He is good for his age, but still has development to go.

Speak for yourself you fanny, my job isn't poo poo.

We aren't a club with the same resources as the teams that the other players in the England squad play for.

Hence my point. If he wants to go, get as much money as we can for him with as large a sell-on clause as possible. Good for the player, good for the club.

You actually said "pure greed" which is total rounduns.

If we can pay £62K per week to Rhodes, £40K to Fletcher, £34K to Hooper and £17K to Winnall then we can afford to keep Hirst happy.

If we lose the most promising youngster we've produced for 30 years for a fraction of his potential value it will be madness.

He'd be better getting some game time before moving anywhere. That would earn everyone more money. 

It will be difficult to compete financially with say Everton but it wasn't so long ago all parties were going on about how they wanted to be here to play football. What's changed?

however going to a huge club is more likely to wreck his career in the long term 

Agree with this. I think we have to accept there's a real chance he's going and if he does we need to play hardball with any potential suitor and get the biggest fee we can plus a generous sell on clause. Probably get negged to hell and back for this but, even now, there are no guarantees he will turn into a superstar (Rooney had been playing regularly in the PL at George's age). Lots of pitfalls along the way still... 

We should do everything we can to keep him. For the first time in over 20 years we can't be bullied financially. I'd pay him something in the same ball park as other clubs are likely to offer. 

If we are prepared to let the likes of Mcgugan, Urby etc steal a living from the club, I'd be more the happy to give potentially the best player we've produced in living memory a generous contract. 

You actually said "pure greed" which is total rounduns.

If we can pay £62K per week to Rhodes, £40K to Fletcher, £34K to Hooper and £17K to Winnall then we can afford to keep Hirst happy.

If we lose the most promising youngster we've produced for 30 years for a fraction of his potential value it will be madness.

There is no way on god's green earth we're paying Rhodes that sort of money 

Maybe this is why David left the club - to avoid the impending conflict of interest 

He'd be better getting some game time before moving anywhere. That would earn everyone more money. 

It will be difficult to compete financially with say Everton but it wasn't so long ago all parties were going on about how they wanted to be here to play football. What's changed?

He probably expected to get some game time, especially after the brief cameo at Reading and appearances on the bench. Since then first teams strikers come back and he hasn't had a look in.

Or he may think they put him on the bench to get him to sign, now he has he can't get anywhere near?