When were you most angry at a Football match?

Supporting Wednesday over the years has made my blood boil on more than one occasion but not always because of the team perfromance. 

I want to know when and why you absolutely lost your $hit, all because you were following the team you love.

It was the first and last time I took my wife to the football and just so happened to be the match that weeds fan ran on the pitch and slapped Kirkland.

I was absolutely fuming, extremely out of character for me and vented my frustration by leaping out of the chair hurling uncensored abuse at most of the west stand. By the time I'd stopped it had all gone a bit quiet nearby where I was stood. At some point during my overly animated rant I'd manage to elbow by dear wife square on the nose, blood everywhere.

We are still happily married but she's not been since.

8 minutes ago, OutspokenTom said:

Supporting Wednesday over the years has made my blood boil on more than one occasion but not always because of the team perfromance. 

I want to know when and why you absolutely lost your $hit, all because you were following the team you love.

It was the first and last time I took my wife to the football and just so happened to be the match that weeds fan ran on the pitch and slapped Kirkland.

I was absolutely fuming, extremely out of character for me and vented my frustration by leaping out of the chair hurling uncensored abuse at most of the west stand. By the time I'd stopped it had all gone a bit quiet nearby where I was stood. At some point during my overly animated rant I'd manage to elbow by dear wife square on the nose, blood everywhere.

What minute was it in we can have an applause

In days gone by too many times to think about.

Days when the anger consumes you. When a defeat brings the turmoil and pain only usually felt when having your heart broken for the first time.

An age when the fiery rage of injustice burned brightest whenever we  lost to a team that stand for everything I hated. Divers, cheats, dirty swine, ref haslers.

The panto villain managers of the opposition. The scummy (in my tinted specs) fans of other clubs.   

Now , I just pop another sweet in my mouth and think. "Oh well. Always next week"

Most of my anger these days it has to be said is reserved for the officials, who despite their professionalism, I'm convinced are actually getting worse.

I can remember being utterly pissed off with our fans when they were booing Sheridan. Big Ron even had to come out saying he was the first man on the team sheet. Then when he scored, the 2 faced gets stared giving it the Oh Johnny Johnny. I knew then we had some planks amongst our fan base. 

There are times when I read posts on here that flash me back to those days

Edited by Big Ron's Sovereign

I remember being quite annoyed at Oldham

A little miffed when I was thrown out of the 3rd replay with the Arse at Leicester

Not too impressed with Tony Towners dive at Toytown

And most irked when I was refused entry at QPR for trying to spring my brother from the back of a police van

Happy days.

1st game back after a stupidly planned trip to africa - maybe 93?

anyhow we lost I think 0-3 ref was a proper nobb, was it oldham bugad if I can remember 

but brother in law, son & nephew dragged me back off wall at kop end

i wudda had him the bloody whistle blowing fuhrer - wrong example to the kids (they were 12 I think) ribbed me for ages WTF:

2 hours ago, OutspokenTom said:

Bit steep mate but It was a powder keg moment.

I've only ever lost it once when they ran out of mustard for my hot dog!!!!!

Haven't been since. 

I can look after your missus while you're at the game if you like?

10 minutes ago, ash60s said:

1st game back after a stupidly planned trip to africa - maybe 93?

anyhow we lost I think 0-3 ref was a proper nobb, was it oldham bugad if I can remember 

but brother in law, son & nephew dragged me back off wall at kop end

i wudda had him the bloody whistle blowing fuhrer - wrong example to the kids (they were 12 I think) ribbed me for ages WTF:

Riddle me this :columbo:

Dead easy.

North stand, October 17th 1988. Cubicle 7 and realisation that no toilet paper came too late.  Absolutely fuming.

Had to use the matchday programme and Ian Cransons face. 

On a positive note, it did improve his looks.

Edited by Mr Farrell

There was a degree of delayed anger post the Play Off Final defeat. It was directed more at those fans that sort of accepted it and appeared content that they had a nice day out. We lost at Wembley, we didn't perform, we blew our chance but eh we did sing impressively for most the 2nd half so that's alright. Still gets me angry mad. Oh and those that consider Carlos some tactical genius and demigod - he is ok that is all

At a game itself an infamous 7-1 defeat at Arsenal when we conceded 6 in the last 20 minutes. I just lost the plot with everyone around including at one stage running down the gangway to the front to launch a foul mouth tirade at the linesman which got the stewards interested of course.

I think in hindsight how watching Wednesday for well over 40 years now how remarkably calm I have been in light of some of the rubbish 

South Stand toilets, every match, usually half time. 

People entering the toilets through the exit side. And then leaving through the entrance opening, pushing their way past the queue. 

Its inevitable that one day I will flip, and lives will be lost. 

Yeovil away and the infamous drop ball when they kicked it back to us and their forward ran on to it and scored. I was livid at the injustice of it and for the next 60 minutes, shouted 'drop ball' anytime there was a tackle. My 7year old son was slightly embarrassed as everyone was looking at his foaming, rabid father. The fact we won 3-2 still didn't calm me down...