The Owls vs Huddersfield. Official Matchday Thread.

2 minutes ago, victorturner said:

He's supposed to have been very good in matches so far but the strange selection system could be upsetting him. He wants to get his career back on track or so he said.

Played the part that was given to him.

Did what he was asked.

Might have the face on. Nothing too much wrong with that. 

Like all players there is a choice - Like it or lump it.

Just now, victorturner said:

He's supposed to have been very good in matches so far but the strange selection system could be upsetting him. He wants to get his career back on track or so he said.

Might call it strange, but Carlos got it spot on today, including bringing Macca on to make an impact at seemingly exactly the right time.

Just got home, freezing but happy. 

Shocking first half as usual , but different side second 45 mins. 

Winnall made the difference for me. His runs off the ball , dragging defenders all over created a lot of space for us to attack ,and it worked . 

He looks like exactly what we have been missing up front. 

1 minute ago, victorturner said:

There's plenty of games left where we will want a more direct and attacking winger on. 

Playing local rivals, promotion rivals may not be best game to suit him, but there will be many more games to come. 

First half was terrible! Like the last ten games. Winnall and Fessi made the difference! Their running, closing down was superb! 

Really set the tempo for rest of the team to win first/second balls. I would have liked to have seen Mcmanaman earlier but hey-ho.

I'd drop Fletch for Brighton. We don't seem to play the same with him! Just a big boot up constantly. Full backs need adressing too! Where's Fox? 

Lees, Hutch and Loovens were also fantastic today! 

UTO

17 hours ago, Spencerowl said:

Today's a massive game personally. Few months back I lost my wife to cancer, be my first game travelling up the M1 to watch the massive since. Going to be weird on my tod but hope the games good and they stuff em and three points to catch L**ds. 

Safe journey everyone who have to travel 

WAWAW UTO 

Hope you enjoyed the game Spencerowl. Had a similar experience myself this year so thinking about you on your journey home. Hope the result lifted your spirits. Drive safely.

WAWAW

16 minutes ago, Purley Arms Owl said:

Hope you enjoyed the game Spencerowl. Had a similar experience myself this year so thinking about you on your journey home. Hope the result lifted your spirits. Drive safely.

WAWAW

This was one for her x 

great reault well done lads and thank you to all on here for the messages - best fans in the world.

(special mention to the hap next to me who chatted all the way through - didn't feel alone) 

WAWAW 

16 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Just watched highlights on SP app. Mcm walked away from the goal after Nando had scored.didnt join in the celebration. Mcm definately made the goal.   whether it would have gone in without nandos touch i couldnt say  .Perhaps he wants to be the star attraction having come from a premiership club . As good as he appears to be he has to realise he needs to be a team player or he will be ostracised by the fans. 

Doubt it would've gone in without FF touch,

What is it about our lot that psychoanalyse everything? Get behind the players and stop worrying about what you've made up in your head 

28 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Just watched highlights on SP app. Mcm walked away from the goal after Nando had scored.didnt join in the celebration. Mcm definately made the goal.   whether it would have gone in without nandos touch i couldnt say  .Perhaps he wants to be the star attraction having come from a premiership club . As good as he appears to be he has to realise he needs to be a team player or he will be ostracised by the fans. 

Think that's always been his problem. Be surprised if he's here after this season.

Good player but poor attitude

32 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Can obviously only speculate, but that reaction to the goal along with his words with Carlos at the end suggest he was miffed at being left out. Honestly, I don't mind him being a little bit of a Billy Big Boots if he keeps creating chances, but he'd do well to remember he needs time on the pitch more than we need a mardy-arsed ego disrupting things.

11 hours ago, aussieowl87 said:

Coming up for this one today. Preparing to lose all feelings in my extremities, then possibly lose the will to live if we play sluggish football.

The joys of being a Wednesdayite...

1 out of 2 in the end. Both for the first half though...

Much much much better second half. Carlos' FH interview summed it all up too. Very knowledgeable man.

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

I noticed that too. Could be a big ego there. CC may have to manage it and I'm sure he will

Guest Copthorneowl

Just got back long long trip.

However terrific second half performance following dire first half - that's enough negativity. Some great performances as well Forestiero was very good scared them to death, Winnall came on very good 45 mins Fletcher was taken  off he would have to be annoyed controlled every ball some great headers but little or no support up front to pass to was a bit hard really but good call in the end by Carlos.

Carlos explained on Radio S all about his tactics in first half 5% clever logic and 95% gobbledegook to me but hey we won still love him.

Thought for sure McManaman would have started should have imo but did come on later and looked lively. Bannan imo was very mediocre, he's constantly playing Hollywood football first half crap pick the ball up in front of the back four a few moves this way that way back to Loovens then Westy then bang - to them. He's really got to be more offensive pick a forward pass (As he did more so  in second half) or get on the bench, been a big supporter but getting irritated by him and Carlos just won't take him out of firing line.

Hutch outstanding again throw between him and FF for mom. Everybody sees the game their way so some will disagree but that's my brief opinion.

3 hours ago, Spencerowl said:

This was one for her x 

great reault well done lads and thank you to all on here for the messages - best fans in the world.

(special mention to the hap next to me who chatted all the way through - didn't feel alone) 

WAWAW 

Your never alone mate while ever you have us muppets around you !

Onwards and upwards eh ?

Keep smiling, even when you don't want to, it will get easier but never forgotten...

1 hour ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

Your never alone mate while ever you have us muppets around you !

Onwards and upwards eh ?

Keep smiling, even when you don't want to, it will get easier but never forgotten...

Will do, miss Sheffield nice to get up there as much as possible. Not loving the M1 :duntmatter:maybe train next time. Worth it though