Bannan

been saying it for months and finally people are realising

think he has got to big for his boots and believes he Is undroppable ,which he seems to be under Carlos.

was a moment in the game where lee was 5 yards away and bannan passed it to a Barnsley player instead .rather than chasing for the ball back,he just stood still blaming lee.

Needs dropping

2 minutes ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

been saying it for months and finally people are realising

think he has got to big for his boots and believes he Is undroppable ,which he seems to be under Carlos.

was a moment in the game where lee was 5 yards away and bannan passed it to a Barnsley player instead .rather than chasing for the ball back,he just stood still blaming lee.

Needs dropping

Totally agree. Hopefully he'll be on the bench on Saturday. Needs to realise that he has to earn his place. 

3 minutes ago, Chardron said:

Totally agree. Hopefully he'll be on the bench on Saturday. Needs to realise that he has to earn his place. 

i'm sure he does .....

1 minute ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

The Scotland call up seems to have added to his ego

maybe we are seeing why villa got rid

he looks to me as if he's trying just as hard as last season but for some reason he isn't playing as well .....

Been saying this for a few months. Bannan has been poor for most of this season tbh. Was brilliant last year but just not been up to the same level this year.

We know what he can produce but he can be predictable.

He's not a wide player but he's played there enough times to be judged IMO. It doesn't suit him yet Carlos persists with it, at least he had some bottle taking him off.

Lee is playing better and shouldn't be dropped, which means that if we're to play Bannan in his best position and play four in midfield, then you've got a central two of Bannan and Lee. But that means Hutch reverting to CB again and that would be wrong to do so.

From a team perspective, Wallace gives us more (even if he is one footed)

His head looks to have gone a bit. Looked moody and noncommittal tonight, it was annoying me - seemed to have turned up in absolutely the wrong frame of mind for a tough, unglamorous and hard work local derby. Shied a few 50-50 tackles and looked lightweight, and his shooting from 18-25 yards was unbelievably wayward yet again. Baffling that he can hit a 50p on the far side of a pitch but kicking forwards he can only test a 'keeper one time in ten goes. Zero composure at the moment.

Fab player for us on his day but I didn't even detect much effort tonight. Time for a rest I think. Hope Abdi can slot into his role for a few games soon.

Not seen the game from last night yet but watched the others and it's a concern, it could easily be any one or more of the things mentioned above.

Its hugely disappointing though, having picked him up off the floor, built him back up to the quality player we know he can be, CC has continuously messed him around positionally and now he's pretty much back to square one. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I agree with most of this but I'd still play him on Saturday.  He'd be wide left for me and I'd play Reach up with Fletcher.  Joao and Nuhiu on the bench.

He seems to be playing a lot deeper this season and it really doesn't suit him, needs to be much further to the pitch to influence the game.

many will disagree, but our good run of form in the second half of the season coincided with a run in the team for Lopez. He's trying to do that role, but isn't as good.