Bannan

1 hour ago, Pacifier said:

He was bobbar last night and has been all season, let's just hope Abdi is back soon and he can be given a go. 

Yes very poor last night. But not all season. He has had 3 MOMs and been decent in several other games, but overall way below the 15/16 vintage.

If he is to have a spell as sub, I would prefer to see us start two wingers, rather than resort to Abdi on the right of a lop-sided 3 CMs. How much better did we look when Wallace came on for Bannan last night!

8 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Yes very poor last night. But not all season. He has had 3 MOMs and been decent in several other games, but overall way below the 15/16 vintage.

If he is to have a spell as sub, I would prefer to see us start two wingers, rather than resort to Abdi on the right of a lop-sided 3 CMs. How much better did we look when Wallace came on for Bannan last night!

Who were the 3 man of the match performances against? 

But I agree on your 2 points, the first that he's been way below par to the standards he set last season, and the second that we looked much better last night when Wallace came on.

I'd just like to see Abdi given a go when he's fit over Bannan for a chance, that's all

I'm not sure he's ever been quite the same since he got sent off (Forest last season?) and then came back in. 

I just recall Lopez and Lee striking up a great partnership in the final quarter or so of the season and Bannan being shoehorned back into the side. 

Still think he's a super little footballer, but I think he's guilty of thinking he's better than he actually is. 

9 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I'm not sure he's ever been quite the same since he got sent off (Forest last season?) and then came back in

I just recall Lopez and Lee striking up a great partnership in the final quarter or so of the season and Bannan being shoehorned back into the side. 

Still think he's a super little footballer, but I think he's guilty of thinking he's better than he actually is. 

Probably right. 

Wouldnt say he's been awful this season, but very hit and miss. 

5 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Probably right. 

Wouldnt say he's been awful this season, but very hit and miss. 

In his defence he has been played in a few different positions - out wide, in the holding role, more advanced. 

For me he's at his best playing in an attacking midfield role, but we are not really playing that style this season. 

We've certainly adopted a more defensive/possession based approach. 

40 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Who were the 3 man of the match performances against? 

But I agree on your 2 points, the first that he's been way below par to the standards he set last season, and the second that we looked much better last night when Wallace came on.

I'd just like to see Abdi given a go when he's fit over Bannan for a chance, that's all

Apart from Norwich can't remember which two, but Im sure we/Sky gave him MOMs.

If we are going to play two strikers (my hopes) then I think the two workhorses of Hutch and Lee, with two proper widemen to provide creativity, are a much better way forward than a Bannan or Abdi wide. Let's be totally honest, this 3 CM system has just about worked, if "worked" means keeping on the very edge of the play-offs.

Bannan is a better footballer than Wallace, but we look a better team when Wallace plays, with Reach LW.

50 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I'm not sure he's ever been quite the same since he got sent off (Forest last season?) and then came back in. 

And sadly, so are the fans.

39 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Can people not see that it was Barnsleys plan to close him down the second he got the ball. They sptinted him down almost every time. Forcing him to go deeper. 

I'm not saying it's an excuse but they made it hard for him. He was probably as frustrated as us by the end. 

And thats what most teams do these days. It doesnt take a tactical genius to see that if you close Bannan down early then you take him out of the game. It was the same last season too.

12 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

think he tries too hard at times tbh...not in a running about sorta way, but looking to do the difficult rather than pick the easy pass and move it along

Didnt look like he was trying at all last night mate. How many blind passes did me make that went straight to their players, must have been at least 3 in the second half. And another ridiculous back heel to no one again. He 's not even looking up before he delivers the ball and its lazy.

17 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Didnt look like he was trying at all last night mate. How many blind passes did me make that went straight to their players, must have been at least 3 in the second half. And another ridiculous back heel to no one again. He 's not even looking up before he delivers the ball and its lazy.

He was trying...He's always runnin' about....the daft flicks and backheels have crept into his game because every ball has to be a bit "special"...

Bannan's form this year has been indifferent, but for some reason he appears to have a sacred cow status - no matter how badly he plays, CC is reluctant to drop him. It is the same with Wallace - though TBF Wallace did do OK last night. Its hard to stomach his poor performances when there is an abundance of talented replacements. The whole point of having a big squad is to keep players competitive and on their toes.

4 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

I bow to no one in my admiration of Bazza but last night he was just plain rubbish 

I think I just heard a wee little Scottish man crying in the distance. 

What frustrated you the most about him last night? As you say: you're a big supporter of his. 

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I think I just heard a wee little Scottish man crying in the distance. 

What frustrated you the most about him last night? As you say: you're a big supporter of his. 

Nothing he tried came off you could see how frustrated he was with himself 

He was still putting a shift in but he was wayward with his passing and the little tips and taps just werent working 

He doesn't deserve the bagging he takes off some though