Ready for Villa fans invasion?

5 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

One of the "Bigger" Prem clubs?

Give over.

Ah come on, you know what he means by that. Villa have been an established prem club for a long time its different to see the likes of them come down rather than the likes of what everyone expected i.e. bournemouth, leicester (strange saying that given what happened), watford, weat brom etc

38 minutes ago, poite said:

Ah come on, you know what he means by that. Villa have been an established prem club for a long time its different to see the likes of them come down rather than the likes of what everyone expected i.e. bournemouth, leicester (strange saying that given what happened), watford, weat brom etc

No, I don't know what he means.

I see a villa buying second rate players for 3 or 4 seasons on the hope of coming good on the cheap, playing uninspiring stuff.

I see Villa fans being all Hubris, if i'm honest.   Hubris I tell you.   

What does history buy you?  Well, we are constantly told "nothing" - that's what Villa have now, History.

Bring it on, lets do this.

57 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

One of the "Bigger" Prem clubs?

Give over.

They may have been struggling for a few seasons now but nobody can argue that they aren't one of the bigger Premier League clubs.

Lovely ground too.

Big kudos to WAWAW's post on their forum, as below. Anyone owning up to this post? Well done my friend.

The ticket prices are generally unpopular.

Last season our average attendance was only 21,000 which taking into account our performances was low. We'd have expected 24-25,000.

However, it does seem to have made people realise that if they want to go at a reasonable price they need a season ticket. 20,000 season tickets is good and even they are one of the most expensive in the division.

The ticket prices for Sunday are ridiculous really.  Especially as it is on Sky. Villa fans are understandably unhappy about £42 but that is also the cheapest ticket for Wednesday fans. £42 on the kop, £45 on the North, £49 on the South.

It looks like there will be 30,000+ which for a Sky match with those prices is a reasonable effort. The disappointment is reasonable prices would have produced a sell out no problem.

Personally, I see these prices as a consequence of parachute payments and FFP.  No offence intended but parachute payments were not designed so that a relegated club can spend £12million on a striker.  They have created an uneven playing field and FFP further compounds it. Therefore, to spend money to compete whilst complying with FFP, high ticket prices seem like the only option for the clubs with no parachute payments.

Whilst it is not good for visiting fans, Wednesday fans bear the brunt as we have them every week.  Therefore, whilst understanding the sentiment when fans say they should charge Wednesday fans the same in the return match, it seems awfully unfair on us.

As for the badge, I loved our badge. I might be biased but I thought it was one of the most widely recognised badges by other clubs.

Dont even get me started on the removal of stripes from the home shirt.

4 minutes ago, richowl said:

according to someone on there we all call bannan....'banaldinho' & we all think we'll bully lescott & Richards. 

first I've heard of this :duntmatter:

Our forwards don't bully, they kind of prance around but in a purposeful manner.   Apart from Dave who is like a bull in a china shop when it's lumped to him, but still has some nice footwork on the odd occasion our other players realise he's crap in the air and play it to his feet.

8 hours ago, salmonbones said:

No, I don't know what he means.

I see a villa buying second rate players for 3 or 4 seasons on the hope of coming good on the cheap, playing uninspiring stuff.

I see Villa fans being all Hubris, if i'm honest.   Hubris I tell you.   

What does history buy you?  Well, we are constantly told "nothing" - that's what Villa have now, History.

Bring it on, lets do this.

Mate Villa are a huge club and up until recently were one of the biggest prem clubs.  They are bigger than Everton, Chelsea and Tottenham IMO.

They are certainly the biggest club in this division and yes that includes us, Leeds and Newcastle.

Think about the size of Birmingham, 2 million plus people and Villa are the main club in that region.

I also think we will beat them tomorrow but, don't be daft in thinking that are a nothing club because they were s*ite last season.

Guest The Claw

same size as the rest of us now, lets see how long the fans stick around when therein the championship for a couple of years. judge em then.

Edited by The Claw