Let's be honest they are a huge club. Easily in the top 10 on this country 

Man utd

Liverpool

Arsenal

Man City

Chelsea

Tottenham

Aston Villa

Villa are the 4th most successful team in terms of trophies. Man city have the same amount of titles as us (bought 3 mind) and one cup winners cup they are not bigger than villa. Villa have won the proper European cup too. For me city can't be taken seriously they couldn't even sell out for a major European game vs Bayern Munich. They are just about everything that's gone wrong with modern football. Chelsea not far off neither. Suppose it comes down to what people see as a big club. During this sky generation it seems to be the club that will pay the biggest wages. Unless that's in no particular order then I apologise lol. But city might not even make my top 10 personally, only thing I'd give them is they get an ok fanbase considering their neighbours are a world wide attraction 

Edited by don'tCallMeOwlCallYo

10 hours ago, SiJ said:

Aston Villa are a huge club. 

Anyone who thinks otherwise is living in cloud cuckoo land. 

As in all things, timing is everything.    At this point in time, i'm afraid you are incorrect.

As a Wednesday fan, i'm sure you are constantly reminded by those less fortunate than us across the city to "live in the now" - especially in their recent single year in the top flight whenever it was now.    Well, I can't disagree.   What I do disagree with is clubs out of position of stature by means of a sugar daddy situation, THAT I personally don't like, but where the position is natural, well - how can you argue?

5 hours ago, edinburghowl said:
20 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

As in all things, timing is everything.    At this point in time, i'm afraid you are incorrect.

As a Wednesday fan, i'm sure you are constantly reminded by those less fortunate than us across the city to "live in the now" - especially in their recent single year in the top flight whenever it was now.    Well, I can't disagree.   What I do disagree with is clubs out of position of stature by means of a sugar daddy situation, THAT I personally don't like, but where the position is natural, well - how can you argue?

Yea but we were still bigger than them when we were in a lower league. Been a bigger club and having a better team are two different things imo. The entire history of a club counts for me no matter how long ago, that's what makes them big with a proud history 

I'd agree that man city and Chelsea are Johnny come latelys, but the game has turned into a different animal in the last 15 years. Nobody can deny that they along with Man Utd, Arsenal and maybe Liverpool will dominate the game now for the next 20 years

Villa are a huge club in the group of clubs outside of man u  Liverpool  and arsenal who get it right every now and then but never dominate and occasionally get it wrong as they have done recently 

We can't really count ourselves among that group as we haven't been up there enough for a long time but the main reason for that as been lack of ambition at boardroom level that could be in the process of changing 

On 8/5/2016 at 21:52, salmonbones said:

One of the "Bigger" Prem clubs?

Give over.

They are though. Bigger than a Stoke, or a Sunderland, West Brom, Bournemouth, Watford, Middlesborough, Hull, Burnley and could name a few more. And even that's just recent history, even though recent history has been poo poo by Villa's standards. 

4 hours ago, Stoop said:

I'd agree that man city and Chelsea are Johnny come latelys, but the game has turned into a different animal in the last 15 years. Nobody can deny that they along with Man Utd, Arsenal and maybe Liverpool will dominate the game now for the next 20 years

If we go up this season then who is to say the entire Chansiri family won't weigh in with game changing investment? They are in the same wealth bracket as Chelsea & City's owners and look what that money did for them. It's only since they have had the huge money thrown at them that they overhauled Wednesday in the success  stakes.