Carlos Carvalhal Interview With Radio Sheffield

Plus, I hope people listen to what he says about his past clubs. Looks like he wasn't sacked from many teams at all. He's being brutally honest about his career paths. But loads of people just said, oh well he's been sacked by 13 clubs. Well I hope you people are happy now. 

What a very intelligent, and deep-thinking coach.

We are in good hands.

Especially pleased to hear we do our homework on incoming players too, even understanding their personalities, and how they react to situations, before signing them. This is how Brian Clough and Peter Taylor operated in the transfer market, and they developed some good teams, and individuals, taking them from unknown non-League players to top internationals (in the case of Stuart Pearce for example).

All looking good. My only worry is that eventually, Man Utd may come calling.

What a very intelligent, and deep-thinking coach.

We are in good hands.

Especially pleased to hear we do our homework on incoming players too, even understanding their personalities, and how they react to situations, before signing them. This is how Brian Clough and Peter Taylor operated in the transfer market, and they developed some good teams, and individuals, taking them from unknown non-League players to top internationals (in the case of Stuart Pearce for example).

All looking good. My only worry is that eventually, Man Utd may come calling.

Agreed it seems an inspired choice...so I'll ask the question " whose inspired choice "

Enjoyed that. Very honest about his career. Sounds like he's worked really hard to work his way up the ladder.

Last 5 minutes was refreshing to hear about expectations and strikers. So many previous managers would have said the same old stuff about getting promoted.

Genuinely feel if we give the guy time , to mould and to work we'll come good ... really good.

We'll have our bad days of cause , but he's got the potential to be a great manager in this country. I've been impressed with his methods and thinking since he joined.

Also well done DC for finding him and trusting him.

Interesting about his time at Besiktas. People just dismiss him as failing but it seems like he was working under horrendous circumstances. No chairman, no money, no salaries being paid, no players in, betting allegations and people being arrested. 

On Twitter I see messages from loads of Besiktas fans saying they love him and want him back so I think it's fair to say he must have done ok there as Turkish football fans can be pretty unforgiven if someone didn't do well!