Carlos Carvalhal Interview With Radio Sheffield

well that's big of you. UTO

I think you've misunderstood what I was saying. I was trying to make the point that there's plenty on here who are saying nice things now but if he loses 2 matches they'll be back to saying he's a clueless clown.

2 weeks ago one poster decided it was really smart to post a snipers sight with Carlos at the end of it just cos we'd we'd let somebody get back into a match we were winning. Unbelievable but true.

I think this guy will be a legend and we don't need the standard knee jerk reaction from the same people on here if it goes wrong now and again

I think you've misunderstood what I was saying. I was trying to make the point that there's plenty on here who are saying nice things now but if he loses 2 matches they'll be back to saying he's a clueless clown.

2 weeks ago one poster decided it was really smart to post a snipers sight with Carlos at the end of it just cos we'd we'd let somebody get back into a match we were winning. Unbelievable but true.

I think this guy will be a legend and we don't need the standard knee jerk reaction from the same people on here if it goes wrong now and again

My apologies mate, I agree there's far to many on here just wanting to bring the club down at every opportunity. I honestly believe Carlos will turn out to be the best coach/ manager we've had in my life time watching the owls, and that's 47 years. UTO

No problem Kev. I feel just like you. Been going since 61 so I've seen a lot of good but too many bad times.

I just look at that squad and think there's a chance we could be seeing football the likes of which we've not since the early 90s.

We just need some patience though and give Carlos a real chance to create something new and exciting

It makes you wonder, whether DC HAD looked at who he wanted to Manage/Coach his team before he came to us, and not just a shot in the dark.

I'd love to know the background on exactly how Carlos came to be Wednesday manager. It was such a left-field appointment that there surely must have been some detailed research and planning going on behind the scenes for quite some time. Literally none of us fans had heard of him beforehand, and I'd imagine most people involved in the professional game within the UK would have been hard-pressed to pick him out of a lineup.

Maybe one day we'll find out just who put Carlos' name forward in the first place, but for now I'm happy to enjoy the ride and allow him to continue winning us over.

I'd love to know the background on exactly how Carlos came to be Wednesday manager. It was such a left-field appointment that there surely must have been some detailed research and planning going on behind the scenes for quite some time. Literally none of us fans had heard of him beforehand, and I'd imagine most people involved in the professional game within the UK would have been hard-pressed to pick him out of a lineup.

Maybe one day we'll find out just who put Carlos' name forward in the first place, but for now I'm happy to enjoy the ride and allow him to continue winning us over.

Glen Roeder...take a bow son

Glen Roeder...take a bow son

Do you know this for certain, or is it an educated guess?

Roeder would certainly seem the most likely source, but who knows what goes on behind closed doors?

Looking at it from the outside (obviously), i wondered if he had got all this set up to buy another club first.

Then it either fell through, or he fancied us more, or we came on his radar before the other one became available, and he decided to set it up here.

Do you know this for certain, or is it an educated guess?

Roeder would certainly seem the most likely source, but who knows what goes on behind closed doors?

Just an educated guess...he's the only one of our team who has spent a lot of time in Europe so presumably he knew who CC was...and has probably read his book...otherwise we have to assume that DC has some other football savvy links

I thought the link was all through some super agent Jorge Mendes?

It shows the fine lines again. Lose a few games and DC has been misled and the other way around it's a master stroke.

I like CCs manner and his experience but these things seem complete pot luck nowadays. Hopefully he stays a long time because that means we'll have gone up