McGugan in starting eleven, yes or no

Guest tadcaster_owl

Too easy to say yes or no. McGugan has to bring his work rate up to his skill level, His cameo on Saturday was marked by two things his lack of impact and his super strike. That last 15 minutes could have easily seen us level and a lot of that was down to McGugan letting players waltz past him.

When he's on he is amongst our best. The ball is in McGugans court he has to set his own standards but IMHO he has to improve.   

Yes he should.

Surely now we've bought enough footballing players to do away with the 'we need a big lump up front to hold it up' mentality.

If we stiil persist with this mentality, then what was the point of buying, Lopez, McGugan, Joao, FF and others.

Who does he start in front of?

While I generally like McGugan its a No from me.

Apart from his wonder goal I thought he was poor on Saturday. Passing was off, weak tackling, didn't close down opponents or come across to help the full back when the need arose.

I suppose it's a measure of how the squad has improved, last season he would have been one of the first names on the team sheet.

Edited by mogbad

Guest wilyfox

No. Still on the bench for me - but making it onto the pitch more often! 5 apps in 13 competitive matches this season isn't enough, considering what he's able to contribute.

We should stop worrying about individuals.

We've been starved of good players for 15 years, short of fleeting appearences of star players such as the likes of Brunt, or McGugan last year.

The reality is we have a team of good players now. Arguably we could field two different teams that at the very least would be competetive in this league. That's not been the case for as long as a lot of our fans have been watching football. McGugan's an excellent player who gives us a lot, but the difference this year is that he's not alone in that regard. He will play his part, but we shouldn't be panicking about how much he's playing.

Who does he start in front of?

Noohoo.

No need for an old fashinoned big number nine (especially one that doesn't score many).

Play McGugan and FF, as the front two, as a 442 or McGugan in Midfield as a 451

It'll stick upfront, not by chucking long balls, but by keeping possession on the floor.

Else why the feck have we spent several million ofn footballers, who can play this way.

Stick Kieran Lee out on the right, drop Wallace, he's done nothing other than set up a few.  Bannan has the quality from set plays and that was Wallace only real contribution.

Bang McGugan in centre mid alongside Hutch.  Have Sougou as the impact sub for the right hand side, good crosser, pace, hard worker.

My f.ookin days...Yea we could well do without someone setting goals up..Its not f.ookin' necessary 

Noohoo.

No need for an old fashinoned big number nine (especially one that doesn't score many).

Play McGugan and FF, as the front two, as a 442 or McGugan in Midfield as a 451

It'll stick upfront, not by chucking long balls, but by keeping possession on the floor.

Else why the feck have we spent several million ofn footballers, who can play this way.

:laugh:

McGugan & Forestieri up front?

Or Forestieri up front on his own with support from McGugan...

:laugh:

Funny

But in all seriousness... That would never work. I don't think I'll waste my time with a long reply on why either, but it should be fairly obvious to most people.