McGugan in starting eleven, yes or no

Guest tadcaster_owl

:laugh:

McGugan & Forestieri up front?

Or Forestieri up front on his own with support from McGugan...

:laugh:

Funny

But in all seriousness... That would never work. I don't think I'll waste my time with a long reply on why either, but it should be fairly obvious to most people.

Yes your right Grandad. How stupid of me.

Theres no way small skillfull forwards can be successfull up front, unless they are partnered by a big centre forward.

Not worked anywhere else, has it?

Yes your right Grandad. How stupid of me.

Theres no way small skillfull forwards can be successfull up front, unless they are partnered by a big centre forward.

Not worked anywhere else, has it?

It's more the fact that neither of them are strikers but there you go.

What we going for?

The Spanish way of playing, without a striker?

The ball doesn't stick with Nuhiu on the pitch. Absolute myth that it does. If anyone cared to actually watch the game carefully they'd realise that the change in mentality, style and formation while we're protecting a lead is the reason we end up in our own half on the back foot.

True..We should have carried on exactly the same way we played while on top....

Who was on the pitch at the time tho?

You might need to get in touch with the BBC, Sky Sports and Wiki to inform them of my and their error

Might inform them that they have Matias down as the same too.

They can both play as a forward, playing off a front man, in a two supporting etc. but they both drop into spaces.

Forestieri would not work up front on his own.

If him & McGugan played together they would operate in similar spaces, same if Matias played there too.

Possession is great, I love how try to play now. But you need a focal point in attack and that is your main striker. Someone who will play right up against centre backs, who is decent into feet, can link play, who can compete in the air and can run behind (accepted Nihiu doesn't run behind often - because he can't) It creates space for your Forestieri, McGugan, Matias etc. to play in.

That striker doesn't necessarily have to be tall and we have to boot the ball to his head. It just happens to be that, at the moment, Nuhiu & Joao are the best we have.

One of them two MUST play.

Edited by BRADDAZ

Hutch and Lee have done nothing to get dropped so no.

Also I'd rather see Alex Lopez in the side ahead of McGugan. In recent matches I think we've started to see signs of him settling into the English game and having played 30 times in La Liga last season, you'd have to say he is the player with the much bigger pedigree and potential a much bigger player for us.

Think criticism of him last saturday is part of a wider issue.

I thought after going 2 up we will go on and get 4 or 5.

You know er go for it,push on and that. McGugan pressing forward being an ideal option.

We know in his first loan spell last season he was played too deep.

What happened tho? We let them have possession meaning everyones defending and were hanging on in end. Am told Fulham was same letting them have posession.

Playing that way hes probably not best option. But then other options might not provide what McGugan can.

Dilemma? Only CC can decide. And he will.

I'll be honest ive wanted him involved for weeks. However we looked far worse with him on saturday. Scored the wonder goal but prior to that was totally non existent.

This for me and the reason I have to say no for now. His time will come but not just yet

A player like McGugan - you give him 3 starts, you drop him for 2 games, play him for 4, drop him for 2.

It's the only way to keep a player like him motivated, where at the moment he's having to make do with trying to make an impact from the bench - and I don't think that's his lot.   He scored last time out, sure - but I don't think he's a sub impact player really long term.

Who would have thought we'd have a class player like McGugan as a rotation player?