makeover and levelling off

Keep the seats in those first three rows just sell them to tall people at a discount.

If those seats are removed will that mean eland road will have a bigger capacity than us now?

As far as I'm concerned, the days of capacity being the major aspect of a club has gone. What happens on a much more playable, level and favourable pitch to both players and supporters is what counts imo, xXxX dirty Leeds!!!

Guest Distraught!

Only the happy cladders will be glad to see club money being spent in this way.  :picnic:

If the pitch is being levelled up to some extent, that would probably leave a 3rd of the pitch not adequately covered by the under soil heating as it would be too low.   Ok it would still work but would take up to 20-30% more energy to work at that end.

Just wondered if anyone knew of any work to move any of the piping also?   The cost for doing this kind of work could easily spiral.   

If the pitch is being levelled up to some extent, that would probably leave a 3rd of the pitch not adequately covered by the under soil heating as it would be too low. Ok it would still work but would take up to 20-30% more energy to work at that end.

Just wondered if anyone knew of any work to move any of the piping also? The cost for doing this kind of work could easily spiral.

I thought I'd read on here that under soil heating and drainage was all being redone.

I thought I'd read on here that under soil heating and drainage was all being redone.

That makes the quoted price more realistic.    Â£1m is an awful lot for even a state of the art pitch and levelling off, all the wages that entails and looking after the pitch for a time after it has been layed etc.

Some on here who have had dealings with SWFC or been employed by the club in recent years will know if this is true or not maybe, but I had been under the impression that the under soil heating had been neglected to be used anyway because of the cost of use.   It might be in a state of serious ill repair anyway if that is the case.

Edited by salmonbones

If the pitch is being levelled up to some extent, that would probably leave a 3rd of the pitch not adequately covered by the under soil heating as it would be too low.   Ok it would still work but would take up to 20-30% more energy to work at that end.

Just wondered if anyone knew of any work to move any of the piping also?   The cost for doing this kind of work could easily spiral.

I think the under soil heating was ripped out last week. It hasn't worked properly for some time & I'm sure the club had said it will be renewed at the same time as the pitch.

Yep, think the drains and the heating will be added on top of the levelled off pitch and the Desso bit ontop of all that, so heating running in parrellel with surface full length , imo that is,,,

Guest mrbluesky

The cladding on the South stand is a composite double skinned & insulated board that is used when insulation of an area is needed eg where there is offices etc. The cladding that would be replaced on the West stand will be a standard single skin that is used on the Kop.

C=LAD!

Guest Distraught!

Hmmmm...on second thoughts, maybe it should be:

♬ If you're LOADED and you know it, clad your stands! â™¬

attachicon.gifChansiri.png

"I'm feelin' clad all over, Yes I'm clad all over, Baby I'm clad all over and so clad it's all mine!"

:stuwinky: