Let me get this clear Are you telling me, you think the problem with that team is semedo?

Yep. A big problem.

Offers absolutely nothing going forward- I know that's not his job- but can't even make a forward pass. Slow in possession, slows everything down, so one footed it means most his passes are back to the centre half.

He has his qualities let's not forget that and alongside a quality player like McGugan he does a job. But we need better.

Gotto disagree.

Our biggest problem has been not scoring enough goals and bringing in reinforcements when they needed to be brought in, especially wingers.

Last summers transfer dealings was shambolic, and undoubtedly had an effect over the course of the season.  

Semedo is not the problem imo.

Let me get this clear Are you telling me, you think the problem with that team is semedo?

Yep. A big problem.

Offers absolutely nothing going forward- I know that's not his job- but can't even make a forward pass. Slow in possession, slows everything down, so one footed it means most his passes are back to the centre half.

He has his qualities let's not forget that and alongside a quality player like McGugan he does a job. But we need better.

Its not his fault the teams poor hes been a good servent tous.He will get a chance in the new team next season easy but some good points hes not goodenough to go for promotion. Only good for a team content with midtable

Edited by stocksyuto

Yep. A big problem.

Really?? They are two totally different types of player and without a player like semedo who would win the ball? the reason mcgugan is useless to Watford is they have better passes of the ball and he doesn't offer the alternative that is winning it

If we are to move forwards then why keep hold of a player who struggles with the ball at his feet? I think that Melo has proved in recent weeks that he can tackle and pass in equal measure but the jury is still out on him but I reckon a good pre season will sort that out. I think Semedo is great at breaking up play but unfortunately we need more all-round players to progress. I reckon Semedo would be snapped up by a League One club to do exactly what he did to help get us out of that league when he did. 

Guest RoyalNavyOwl

We need better than semedo. Bournemouth have Arter and Sturman who are both excellent passers of a ball. Semedo slows us down too much it's impossible for us to maintain pressure on geams

For years now, we have had to have Central Midfielders that can either tackle - or pass, but not both.

Semedo is a tackler, and that is all he is. A whole-hearted one, but offers absolutely nothing else.

Now, hopefully we can afford footballers that can tackle and pass - maybe even run as well.

That is why his days are numbered.