"can't pass forward"

"doesn't get forward enough"

"had a schtinker against Leeds so deserves to go"

"injury prone"

"slows the game down"

"offers nothing else apart form being able to tackle"

and an absolute belter ... "not good enough anymore"

Edited by Hack-Abusi

He wouldn't be my first choice but he has shown he has his uses and forms a key part of the spine of a strong defensive side to be built upon. Worth extending for another year IMO

With so many changes afoot we need some continuity so that if things don't gel as we like we can revert back to some old faithfuls who can at least make us difficult to beat

Edited by Bluesteel

Guest WESTENDOWL

The guy is a fantastic league one player his ability in the championship is sometimes found wanting his love of the club should never be forgotten but every player has a sell by date so its a thank you Jose Semedo 

Semedo's capable of doing a job, but also offers a link into the squad mentality we've had this year, which by large has been excellent.

I'd have hoped we'd learnt our lessons about culling the characters in the team who offer things on and off the pitch, after the jones and pleat debacles.

Wouldn't expect him to play every week, but I'd bet he plays at least half the season.

Can I just add he's also our vice captain, and when called upon, gets all the other players going aswell. He played against city and had yaya in his pocket all game. He should be here next season, you can't replace the spine of the team just because we have money. If you unsettle the squad to much, we will be the new Blackpool next season. He's magic you know, you'll never get past semedo!!

Can I just add he's also our vice captain, and when called upon, gets all the other players going aswell. He played against city and had yaya in his pocket all game. He should be here next season, you can't replace the spine of the team just because we have money. If you unsettle the squad to much, we will be the new Blackpool next season. He's magic you know, you'll never get past semedo!!

lol

Yaya ran the game second half at the Etihad. Most of their attacking play came through him.

I would keep Semedo.  We already need 2 strikers, 3 wingers, McGUGAN, a left back and a centre half.  Why mess with the one position we are sorted in?  Melo, Semi and Hutch can all fight for the defensive midfield position.  Good options, especially as Lee can play there too.

Agree 100% Kagoshima.

Maybe 2 MF (McGugan and another) and 2 wingers. Any two of those new players could be loanees but agree with players needed.

That will be quite enough folk to bed in and get ready for next season.

Gotto disagree.

Our biggest problem has been not scoring enough goals and bringing in reinforcements when they needed to be brought in, especially wingers.

Last summers transfer dealings was shambolic, and undoubtedly had an effect over the course of the season.

Semedo is not the problem imo.

You could argue that having a midfielder better at controlling and passing the ball will overall mean our attacking players see the ball more and in better positions.

If Melos form in his home debut is his normal level of play, hes ahead of Semedo for me.

Very very heavy heart but on your way mate.

We need better. Is this a midfielder who is going to push us up the table? Nope. I think Gray realised this with the signing of Melo.

you may have a point but definitely a squad player at least for me.