Madine recall tomorrow

He's had nearly 3 years to show what he can do at this level.

He's found his level at Coventry.

Yeah, but in that time we destroyed his confidence by persistently playing him up front on his own. Then he was dropped because we had the likes of Wickham, and then he was jailed.

I honestly don't think he's had a proper crack at it.

I'd like to see him partnering May up front. If he's sh*t then I'm sure he'll get shipped out eventually, but lets give him a chance first.

In the light of two misfiring strikers neither of whom are of Championship standard Gray should be instructed to recall Madine tomorrow.

Lavery has good potential but is recovering from a significant injury.

The striking options we have available are pitiful for a Championship side.

Love or hate Madine only an idiot of a manager would not recall him straightaway.

The next three games are all before the January window opens and striking options are essential to any manager.

"two misfiring strikers" ??

May scored 2 against Wigan...

I think Madine can achieve at this level. Remember the 2-1 win against Barnsley, he was excellent that day (apart from missing a pen).

And he's still only 24.

It's unlikely he'll do it at Wednesday now but I'd like to see him come back and given a proper run in the team until the end of the season

he was admittedly excellent that day but although they stayed up Barnsley have been little better than league 1 standard in their last two seasons at this level.

Forget all the Madine previous bullshite. Fact is, Nuhiu's form has taken a dip, and he needs to be taken out of the firing line for a bit (this is not me saying he's rubbish, I rate him as a player). We can't get anyone from outside the club as the loan window is shut, so we NEED to recall the inform striker who is out on loan and give him the game time from now until Jan to see what happens.

Gray is currently considering the numerous offers he's received for Madine from other Championship clubs.

They are desperate to sign him because they can see what a great striker he will make at this level.

(Sorry, I was dreaming.) 

Guest Sheff Owl

Lavery - coming back from injury.

May - still adapting but missing crucial chances.

Nuhiu - Time for a rest.

That's it. p*ss poor.

Like Madine or not it's another option as the current ones are not doing it for whatever reason, lot's of games over Christmas need all the resources we have.

Gary Madine would of been nowhere near any of the chances stevie may missed yesterday. Mays movement and work rate are fantastic and if he carries on working as hard as he does then he will get goals.

Gary Madine is certainly not the answer though

Guest Sheff Owl

1/2 Owls striker Gary Madine admits he would be happy to join Coventry on a permanent basis. Has scored 3 times for the Sky Blues

2/2 Madine said: "At the end of the day, I'm playing for my livelihood. I'm out of contract at #SWFC at the end of the season."

For me, Madine was never given a proper chance at Championship level. 

Since we got promoted, DJ started the season with Cog and Madine up front and we picked up some decent results in the first month. 

Madine was dropped for slothroyd and Cog was shifted to the right wing in a 451 setup.  

I reckon with a run of games at this level, Madine would have bagged at least 10 goals.  

I think him getting sent down was in effect the curve ball that ended his career with us, in the sense that he would never truly make his way back in the team. 

Madine needs games to get his career back on track.  Coventry will give him that.  

imo I think Madine will extend his loan till the end of the season, then sign a permanent deal.

Madine and Reda will then fire them to the playoffs and get promoted to the Championship.

I think Madine can achieve at this level. Remember the 2-1 win against Barnsley, he was excellent that day (apart from missing a pen).

That was a league one standard defence of midgets. The only Championship defence he could get any joy against. Proving the consensus view there.