Madine recall tomorrow

stop guessing no one knows whether he would have made it or not as he didn't get enough games to prove otherwise  yep some of it was his own fault but the majority wasn't , ad as we are now we are not actually banging them in are we ,Madine whether you haste him or not would have given us options up front ,just lets hope our forwards don't recieve a spell in the changing rooms injured ,

The point I was trying to make is not about Madine being up to it or not.

The point is that Gray has left himself with insufficient options up front.

I personally find Nuhui to be a tryer but we need to have someone over the next three games who can come on and replace him if it is not working.

Lavery once fit again is an option for May.

Whatever line of work you are in options are great and for football managers they can be a lifeblood.

Guest sotonowl

Has anyone thought that perhaps part of the reason we may have shipped him out is because he's a complete knobber and not a great person to have around?

Just a thought. 

Yes I've thought that, too high opinion of himself, why would anyone want him anywhere near the rest of the squad?

stop guessing no one knows whether he would have made it or not as he didn't get enough games to prove otherwise yep some of it was his own fault but the majority wasn't , ad as we are now we are not actually banging them in are we ,Madine whether you haste him or not would have given us options up front ,just lets hope our forwards don't recieve a spell in the changing rooms injured ,

trev, he couldn't play for most of last season as he was in prison. The majority was his fault.

I don't know if any of our strikers will make it at this level, nobody does. At the moment all are unproven, but on the other hand, all are young enough to come good. However, at the moment they are all we have, and in the case of Madine and May, we paid, what for us was a substantial fee. My feelings are, until we can bring in better, we should utilise the ones we have. I was quite happy to let Madine go out and get games when it appeared we were bringing in a striker on loan. When that didn't happen, I'd rather have him offering us options from the bench. It's not acceptable that we have just young Lavery as a striking alternative.

Completely and utterly agree with the OP. Why the hell would we just have 2 misfiring strikers, when we could have 3?  Awful management from Gray, to be getting rid of a player who's proven (and yes, he's had the chances to prove) that he's completely incapable of scoring at Championship level.  GRAY OUT.

Timing is the key thing here,

Putting aside whether we as individuals rate him or not, or want him back or not, its not gonna happen is it?

looking at his contract, this Jan is the last chance to get some cash for him. miss it this Jan and he either walks away in the summer for nowt or both parties agree a new deal - that new deal bits not gonna happen though is it,

so even though we probably should call him back to play up top for a few games (with May) and see what he can do, weve sent him on loan to put him in the shop window, IMO.

Guest owl from retford

Madine is out of favour and does'nt fit the bill however he would offer more than nuhiu actually is recalling him might give nuhiu a kick up the backside.

Edited by owl from retford

Dom Howson â€@domhowson  18m18 minutes ago

Gary Madine believes #SWFC will not be seeking a fee for his services next month. "I think they’ll just be happy to get me out," he said.

Well following on from the Antonio fiasco, you wouldn't put it past us. One of the things that got us into the mess before, was not so much big spending, but underselling our assets. Seems like littles changed in that respect.