Well played, Keiren Westwood

Realllllllllllly trying not to say I told you so about Kirkland, he is a great shot stopper but couldn't organise the back 4 or command. In Westwood we have the real deal.

Sorry I have held off for weeks......

What a strange post. The fact that Westwood has been excellent this season doesn't give any kind of credence to the thinking that Kirkland isn't good enough.

Why is it strange? I have said from minute one of him being here that he wasn't good enough at commanding his area and organising the back 4! his shot stopping is second to none, as was Lee grants but he was the same when they played our defence isn't has confident.

As I said Westwood is a completely different class, he has the lot

Westwood is top class, but also strikes me as a lucky keeper. No problem with that. He still frustrates me at times, as he is rooted in the 6 yard box when long balls are played through.

At this rate, Lees and Westwood will have to have a scrap at half time during the last game, to decide Player of the Season.

Why is it strange? I have said from minute one of him being here that he wasn't good enough at commanding his area and organising the back 4! his shot stopping is second to none, as was Lee grants but he was the same when they played our defence isn't has confident.

As I said Westwood is a completely different class, he has the lot

Because anything that happened today has precisely zero reflection on Kirkland's ability, so if you've apparently been holding off your "told you so" post for so long it's a bit confusing that you chose today to release it. 

Because anything that happened today has precisely zero reflection on Kirkland's ability, so if you've apparently been holding off your "told you so" post for so long it's a bit confusing that you chose today to release it. 

I can see his point. Don't know how much about the improved defense is due to keeper organising better, or just better defenders (Lees). I'd imagine it does have an effect though for sure, and we weren't to know that until seeing Westwood now.

The reason I held off until now was I didn't want to be negative against Kirkland in other threads and this was about how good Westwood is.

I commented very consistently regarding my concerns on Kirkland for a very long time, Westwood as come and shown exactly what a confident keeper gives the defence.

The reason I held off until now was I didn't want to be negative against Kirkland in other threads and this was about how good Westwood is.

I commented very consistently regarding my concerns on Kirkland for a very long time, Westwood as come and shown exactly what a confident keeper gives the defence.

But the problem is that the two weaknesses that Westwood has are ones that do affect the defence.

He is hesitant to come off his line and does not come for crosses

Funnily enough the same as Kirkland.

The improvement in defence is down to everybody, we defend as a team much better but if you want to single out one player it is Lees.

I agree he is the better keeper but not to the extent you suggest

Bit harsh on Kirky, who has been capped for England and had a stint at Liverpool.

Westwood hasn't risen to this class yet, but there are indications he just might.

Its not harsh mate, I banged on for two years about all the flaws in Kirkland's game. Westwood just proves this fact. We would have been 3-0 down at Birmingham if Kirkland had been in goal.

Westwood HAS risen to the class, he oozes it in his game.

The problem for Kirkland was/is that he was out of the game for too long and lost a lot of what he had as a younger keeper.

That said for backup he is ok as long as we don't concede free-kicks from less than 35 yards away and the opposition don't put crosses into the box or shoot at ground level.

And don't forget how many other 1 cap wonders there were for England.