Tango shouting and gesturing to empty blue seats

Do you want to wipe that off your chin? You seem to have got one of his pubes caught in your teeth too.

Sorry "mate" I have been going to games since 1989, Tango probably a lot longer. Anyone who pays the money he does to go to games home and away is a legend in my eyes. There are other "legends" who support our club, its just that this particular one is the topic of a pointless thread on Owlstalk.

And as a rule of thumb, I only tend to go for shaven people or ones where the pubes are unlikely to drop out into my mouth. Big bushy things are a no go for me kidda.

Spot on, inside a football ground he's a bit of a nutcase and I don't like standing next to him but the bloke supports the club , always enjoys himself and does no one any harm ( except perhaps ear ache lol )

In a pub before the game I have always found him good company and enjoy talking to him.

I bet Wednesday wish they had 1000 fans like him

we could call them ultras...oh! :st2:

Maybe to save himself from trouble. He's an easy target and I remember at Plymouth some years ago he got cracked by some tailface Janner on the way out.

Doesn't he make himself an easy target though by spending all game goading oppodition fans?

The older I get the more I dont 'get' tango. I dont understand why he would be regarded as a legend for going to away matches, most of us have done it at some time in our lives. Also the fact he's a brummie and just 'chose' us bemuses me, after all you dont chose wednesday....it chooses you.

Fair play to the lad for his following of the team but I just dont get the point, wolves is a lot closer.

Guest Mancunian_Owl

Watching the game on live stream, and every time it shows the Wednesday fans

tango is shouting and gesturing to empty blue seats, does he ever watch the game.

I remember about 10 years ago travelling down to Plymouth to watch the mighty Wednesday on a 5 hour coach ride down and back up (think it was also a mid-week game).

The game was absolutely horrendous and the Plymouth Ground was even worse.

The only entertainment value was that Tango found a young steward that Looked like Harry Potter, he burst into a "One Harry Potter" for about ten minutes.

When the kid started staring at good ol' Tango he then gave a one man "100 German Bombers in the air" Song which lasted about 25 minutes. The guy didn't even stop to have a sip on a bovril.

Legend does not even come close. He's probably massively puddled, but who gives a sh*te when he puts that amount of effort in every week.

Edited by Mancunian_Owl

Doesn't he make himself an easy target though by spending all game goading oppodition fans?

This I don't mind him at all I've been in his company plenty of times over the years and think he's fairly harmless,but you can't complain about receiving attention when you've spent a couple of hours seeking it.

I don't see how his behaviour constitutes getting a crack after the match. I often see him shake hands with the fans he'd been 'goading' before hand.

If there's ever any sign of trouble Tango is usually the man at the front appealing for calm.

The older I get the more I dont 'get' tango. I dont understand why he would be regarded as a legend for going to away matches, most of us have done it at some time in our lives. Also the fact he's a brummie and just 'chose' us bemuses me, after all you dont chose wednesday....it chooses you.

Fair play to the lad for his following of the team but I just dont get the point, wolves is a lot closer.

He's not a Brummie, he's a Yam Yam.

If I behaved like tango every week I would get banned for it and so would you- FACT.

Credit to his loyalty but gets away with it more than everybody else

What makes that comment fact? Because you've said so IN CAPITAL LETTERS? It's not fact at all. If you behaved like Tango does every week you'd probably have your own thread on here where a bunch of miserable rumblezoids will gob off about you being an attention seeker.

Pompeyowl, sorry mate after all the years watching weds home and away and seeing others get bans for far far less this is a (mind the capitals ) FACT

As for appealing for calm, yes he does when the camera comes out from jobs worth pc plod, just like Rochdale about 3 years ago, cuased it then appealed for calm, I saw from about 3.3 metres away and that's a FACT (give or take 60 cm) :biggrin:

Like I say tho admire his loyalty......and he also doesn't offend me either with his gobbing off

I'd much rather have Tango than that bunch of 14 year olds singing "when I was young I had no sense".  It's an embarrassing song and they've no idea what it means. Tango follows the club everywhere and often tries to instigate support and singing for the team, how can that not be a good thing?  We need more characters, on and off the field.

And how can he be criticised for "choosing" Wednesday instead of Wednesday choosing him(whatever that means).   None of my family supported Wednesday but I "chose" to and now my cousin, his son and a second cousin have been converted to Wednesdayism  (anyone remember the 70's slogan, Hooliganism is not Wednesdayism?)

Guest Big Guns

Very sad behaviour from a grown man.

Standing there with no shirt on gesturing all game like a moron.

Why go to all the games and get on like that?

He's an attention seeker of the highest order personally I think he's mentaly unstable or just a weirdo

At least he gets what going to matches is still about and that's entertainment. How he gets his shouldn't be for us to judge. The way football is going all the leagues and clubs want are masses of people sat down quietly watching the games clapping. Rewind to a better time where you were in the shove of the crowd with the noises sounds smells of the working classes. Or complain over the charactors and help rush in a time of stale atmospheres and head tennis. Or do what most people would probably prefer and watch the game from the comfort of your fave armchairs while lining the pockets of sky and the like.

Edited by LoOn