Style for next season

I'm leaning towards Tweed

You can't beat tweed to be honest. 

I've been trying to bring loafers back for the winter matches but been unsuccessful up to now.  Let's hope this is the season. 

You can't beat tweed to be honest.

I've been trying to bring loafers back for the winter matches but been unsuccessful up to now. Let's hope this is the season.

Hopefully loafers with tassels. Should Loafers fail (again) then the tried and tested Loake Brogue is a must.

It looks frightening when it's written down.

It's just so clear we need 5 quality players to be anywhere near a top 6 finish.

Scrap:

Mattock

Antonio

Nuihu

Palmer

Who is going to score apart from Maguire?

Buxton now seems to be a croc

Mattock and Palmer at full back are liabilities and poor

But if we finish 15th that will be progress won't it? :rolleyes:

It looks frightening when it's written down.

It's just so clear we need 5 quality players to be anywhere near a top 6 finish.

Scrap:

Mattock

Antonio

Nuihu

Palmer

Who is going to score apart from Maguire?

Buxton now seems to be a croc

Mattock and Palmer at full back are liabilities and poor

But if we finish 15th that will be progress won't it? :rolleyes:

Agree with that apart from Palmer. Think he's a decent full back. Better than he is in midfield actually.

We might not have signed the players that one or two might have hoped. But there's more to this game than getting the chequebook out.

Football runs in cycles and I'm pretty sure that with a bit of tactical tinkering we can catch most of the division off guard by bringing back the good old pyramid formation.

Kirkland

Buxton     Loovens

Lee    Semedo    Hutchinson

Antonio    Maguire   Nuhiu    Lavery    Maghoma

Edited by Lord Snooty

All this talk of formations................even if you play a 442 with wingers who know when to track back or tuck in as the situation demands you can still be solid.

I mean how much intelligence does it take for a player on the left to tuck a bit further in when the ball is on the right or vice versa.

A few more signings in the right areas and we should have a decent line up with some real choices to make which is always a good sign.

If one of those signings isn't a left back the easiest choices is playing Helan over Mattock which others have rightly stated. I'm also hoping Flora has toughened up in the last 12 months because technically he isn't too bad. If he has, and its a big if, he would be my second choice.

As it stands any pairing of Lee/Hutch/Semedo is a decent base for the four in front whichever combo that may be.

If he's been left in the fridge he might have done