Liam Palmer - SWFC LEGEND

He is still at the standard for a mid table championship utility player, so he has earned another year for me. 

That reads very clinically, I think he’s a great bloke and deserves a lot more admiration from some fans than he gets.  At LCB/RCB there are few who have done a more reliable job over the time he’s been at the club. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, SheffWed-1867 said:

Absolutely solid today 

I think that's his best position these days. 

I know he got caught out diving in last week for Stoke's goal, but generally he's rock solid on the right of our central defence, and he has that bit of quality on the ball which we need back there at times.

24 minutes ago, Alb1owl said:

He is still at the standard for a mid table championship utility player, so he has earned another year for me. 

That reads very clinically, I think he’s a great bloke and deserves a lot more admiration from some fans than he gets.  At LCB/RCB there are few who have done a more reliable job over the time he’s been at the club. 

I think his level is high league one or a Championship team in our position 

Not to diminish his love and loyalty he’s shown us, we’re lucky to have had him and Bannan for so long, both are examples to follow.

• Like 1

Palmer is / has been a wonderful player for us. 

Good utility player - the model professional who gives his all.  Reliable and dependable.

Personally would like to see him stay at least another season.  If he leaves, he goes with our best wishes.

When Palmer finally hangs up his boots he can look back on his Wednesday career with pride.  He deserves to be on the list of top ten players to make the most appearances.

He's one of our own!

• Like 3

Seems to have improved a lot these last few years.

Dropping down a league seems to have done him the world of good. 

Looks stronger and faster now and uses his experience well. 

Great player to have in a squad.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Alb1owl said:

I agree and think he can still perform at this level for another year, maybe two. To be honest it's the very least he deserves, given his connection with the club. 

• Like 1

The fact that he still has the energy desire and quality to play in a mid table championship team is one thing the secondary is he is unbelievably versatile means he must get a new contract for me. 2 year deal 

same as bannan for me lower the wage stretch the time.