Windass celebration

I think he starts to play well and then he gets injured and is out for weeks. He could be a very good player if these problems with injuries didn't always crop up. Put him in a decent team in the Championship and watch him go. I hope that team will be Wednesday next season. Uto.

• Like 1

Clearly still getting back to full fitness. So not at his best, but a big game player. He is the type that you don't notice much untill he does something of quality a handful of times a game. 

This season, 23 games, 4 goals, 2 assists. At 30 he has no resell value, so is he worth the wages? I'm not sure, but I trust Danny will know. Hopefully it's Danny who makes the decision and not D Chancer going forward 

I think the way he acts on the pitch shows hes a big boy and is old enough and gets paid enough to take the criticism. He's a player who turns up 3-4 times a season and puts in a 9 or 10. I'd much prefer a team of players who consistently can produce 6s and 7s.

Well done to him yesterday though, i thought he played well and scored a lovely goal. Just wish he was more consistent. 

• Love 1

As had been said before - good player, championship standard, injured frequently. 

By the sounds of it Röhl likes him but there's weighing up to do. Can Röhls team help him stay injury free? Would we do better based on players available to us? 

He has a great understanding with Baz and they play well together and despite his injuries he's been important for us this season. 

A difficult decision with Joshy lad. Goodness gracious, by the will of Moses.

• Like 1

Got to be honest I’m not a big Windass fan  never have been 

That said there is no denying he does tend to pop up on the big occasion and produce something even if he has not played well.

To be fair I thought his goal yesterday was better than Bannans at MK Dons. The technique was superb 

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Not sure I agree with TW this time around - when I watch the highlights back, Windass was involved in near enough all our major moments 

That's true. And it was yesterday, as well.

I do agree with them that he was better in the first half against Stoke, which is when he got pelters on here, though.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

2 hours ago, Basement Jack said:

Got to be honest I’m not a big Windass fan  never have been 

That said there is no denying he does tend to pop up on the big occasion and produce something even if he has not played well.

To be fair I thought his goal yesterday was better than Bannans at MK Dons. The technique was superb 

The unrushed way he stepped past the ball so he could execute a side foot lob, turning his foot to get the precise feel on it - absolutely marvelous!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Geörge Whitebread said:

Absolutely this. 

I joked that he was rubbish for the first 7 minutes, but I did actually think he was pretty anonymous outside of his superb goal. 

I remember everyone around me at the play-off final was loudly slating him until THAT header. 😅

I think that's just Windass. Some days he'll actually play well but everyone moans anyway. Some days he'll be rubbish but score a worldie and all is forgiven. It probably doesn't help that some people have decided he's a wrong 'un because he doesn't have a filter when there's a microphone around. 😁

On the whole I'd rather have him than not though. Röhl said you need to have your game changers on the pitch. He's one of them. 

• Like 1

The other telling thing about Windass…

…is that if he’s available, Röhl virtually always starts him, so he clearly sees what he brings even if some fans don’t. 

Bannan, Beadle, Windass, Johnson, Bernard, Ugbo and Poveda

Pretty much everyone else goes into game prep not being assured of their place - but if those 7 are fit, they start.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trumbullowl said:

The unrushed way he stepped past the ball so he could execute a side foot lob, turning his foot to get the precise feel on it - absolutely marvelous!

It genuinely is one of the best goals scored for our club technically 

That’s not even an overreaction either 

On the flip side I’ve just had to use public toilets in Falmouth for a poo 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop