Let's be honest.

That's all true, but we as supporters absolutely cannot force change. It may not be popular, it may not be pleasing, but Chansiri would have to accept an enormous loss on his investment to facilitate a change of ownership and I don't see it as realistic to believe that is likely. Not for a moment do I suggest we give up on criticism and protest. But it is important to understand the scale of the problems.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Chansiri is absolutely holding the club back from what it could and should be

Once relegation is confirmed I hope the protests really ramp up.  

The thought of having another season where he’s owner is more terrifying than any relegation.  

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Chansiri is absolutely holding the club back from what it could and should be

Once relegation is confirmed I hope the protests really ramp up.  

The thought of having another season where he’s owner is more terrifying than any relegation.  

you would guess relegation won’t be 100% confirmed until the last game or the West Brom game. Will then be summer so protests won’t happen then. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Chansiri's actions meant we had one foot in the relegation trapdoor before a ball was kicked. 

We might as well have started with another points deduction this season, such was the utter f*ckwittery of our pre/start of the season. 

100%

• Like 2

I use to see football as an escape from the challenges in life. Something to look forward to every week, I just don’t feel like that anymore and that’s all down to what Chansiri has done to the club. It’s pathetic how much this club affects my mood. There just seems so little to make me feel positive about the club on and off the pitch. Röhl is one of the only good things we have and he will leave after the next 3 games one way or another. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Chansiri's actions meant we had one foot in the relegation trapdoor before a ball was kicked. 

We might as well have started with another points deduction this season, such was the utter f*ckwittery of our pre/start of the season. 

fully agree. The summer was an absolute poo show, one that would have been almost impossible to recover from. The fact Röhl gave us any hope is a minor miracle. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

you would guess relegation won’t be 100% confirmed until the last game or the West Brom game. Will then be summer so protests won’t happen then. 

Yes my point being that if people don’t want to protest until relegation is confirmed, as seems to be the case as they’ve gone a bit quiet,  then they need to happen during the summer, outside the ground etc.  we need Greta Thunburg.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Everyone else had 46 games to get to 50 points.

We had 34 down to Chansiri. 

The fact we haven’t been relegated weeks ago is a miracle especially with these players.

It's not just the appointment of the hapless Xisco, either. If Röhl had inherited better players then we could be well out of the relegation zone now.

Chanser, as expected, spent sweet f*ck all in the transfer windows. Some players turned out okay, but we needed way more quality for the Championship.

• Like 5

I disagree with the notion that fans cannot force change. If everyone stopped attending tomorrow you would see this club sold for a realistic amount for the simple fact that recovering 30 mil is better than saying goodbye to it all. Nobody, not even the lunatic that owns us cut's their nose of to spite their face where that amount of money is concerned. 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I disagree with the notion that fans cannot force change. If everyone stopped attending tomorrow you would see this club sold for a realistic amount for the simple fact that recovering 30 mil is better than saying goodbye to it all. Nobody, not even the lunatic that owns us cut's their nose of to spite their face where that amount of money is concerned. 

Agreed, the fans could starve him out. Please stop buying tickets and merch, you are merely funding the imbecile. Frankly anybody who is putting money into the club is just prolonging the agony.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

So it's as straightforward as all of us (or a large majority at least) completely denying the club of funds for... what? Several weeks? A few months? Is there any precedent for that kind of thing happening even once in the history of football in this country? In a thread titled 'let's be honest', what are the chances of this actually unfolding? Sounds great in theory, but it ends right there without something truly extraordinary.

• Like 1

Sorry but i feel as passionately for the club as i did 57 years ago. Managers players and chairmen go but the supporters remain as loyal no matter. what  . In the words of Chumbawumba We get knocked down but we get up again. WAWAW

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

That's all true, but we as supporters absolutely cannot force change. It may not be popular, it may not be pleasing, but Chansiri would have to accept an enormous loss on his investment to facilitate a change of ownership and I don't see it as realistic to believe that is likely. Not for a moment do I suggest we give up on criticism and protest. But it is important to understand the scale of the problems.

Then you are left with 2 choices;

1.) The fans do what they can to apply pressure, however fleeting the odds of enforcing change are

2.) The fans do nothing and the status quo continues unchallenged

So what are you choosing? Are you prepared to stick your neck to back the former or sit and watch the latter unfold?

Disclaimer; option 2 comes with the small print that the club will continue to underperform, continue to spiral into obscurity, continue its relentless decline, continue to be underfunded, continue to be more expensive for you to watch, for every year that you're happy to choose option 2 and not 1.

• Like 8

Just now, sheffield_dave said:

Then you are left with 2 choices;

1.) The fans do what they can to apply pressure, however fleeting the odds of enforcing change are

2.) The fans do nothing and the status quo continues unchallenged

So what are you choosing? Are you prepared to stick your neck to back the former or sit and watch the latter unfold?

Disclaimer; option 2 comes with the small print that the club will continue to underperform, continue to spiral into obscurity, continue its relentless decline, continue to be underfunded, continue to be more expensive for you to watch, for every year that you're happy to choose option 2 and not 1.

45 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Not for a moment do I suggest we give up on criticism and protest. But it is important to understand the scale of the problems.