The maths - stay positive!

2 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Huddersfield v Swansea

Rotherham v Birmingham

Stoke v Plymouth. 
Likelihood is that even a win at Blackburn won’t get us out of the bottom 3.

In 21 away games we’ve won 5, lost 15, scored just 12 and conceded 40. Only Brum and Toytown are worse. 
There’s no logical reason to believe we avoid relegation I’m afraid. 

Every single team in the bottom 8 will say the same.

But unlike the rest of them, they’ve not shown the form  of a top 10 team for the last 30 matches!

• Like 1

Plymouth heading to Stoke next weekend. Believe me, they will want to turn Schumacher’s lot over. 

Last time Argyle had a similar scenario, they were going to Leicester who had enticed Ian Holloway from them. Argyle beat them and Leicester went down to L1. 

1 minute ago, moffat_owl said:

I like the positive attitude.

If you'd been King Harold at the battle of Hastings you'd have said

'whats the problem I've still got another eye'

Im Not saying it’s all roses.

But win at Blackburn and it’ll look very different and I say we will stop up if we do.

19 minutes ago, Worthing_owl said:

We need to believe. I do, there have been so unpredictable results, on our day we are good enough.

Much more important the players & staff believe. They haven’t demonstrated the mental strength required to deliver performances and results when it matters most. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

But win at Blackburn and it’ll look very different and I say we will stop up if we do.

It wasn't a criticism, I do like a bit of positivity but I just can't see us finding the net.

If we start with Pato and get rid of Windass,who knows?

1 minute ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Of course I hope you're right, but the chances are that after Saturday's games we'll be heading to Blackburn needing to win just to get back to 2 points adrift of safety that we are now - considering our GD. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Much more important the players & staff believe. They haven’t demonstrated the mental strength required to deliver performances and results when it matters most. 

I saw a table the other day showing we were midtable in for over about the last 20 or so games, We beat QPR away, came back from 2-0 to Norwich and were leading today, if that goal hadn't been conceded attitudes would be totally different imo

• Like 1

We still need 2 wins to ensure we stay up given our goal difference...  Today was our best chance of getting a win, at home against an out of form team..  Next game we are away and our away record has been ropey at best...  Even if we do win we still  need a result against WestBrom or Sunderland...  

Blackburn is a must win game now, and we need a surprise in one of the other two games, our failure to score has hurt us all season, only Rotherham have scored less..   Although mathematically still possible, a win today would have made me a lot more confident, a draw or loss against Blackburn and I think thats us done.. 

I think if we won today, then a win at Blackburn keeps us up.

Now its win at Blackburn and hope for others to let us down, which the last 2 games have shown isn’t happening.

I really think we now need 7 points from 9 to stand a chance.

• Like 2

Just now, Basement Jack said:

Just take it to the last game at Sunderland 

Final day always throws up bonkers results

If we’re in the mix just hope for the best

Yeah but we are Wednesday, they never go in our favour.

5 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Every single team in the bottom 8 will say the same.

But unlike the rest of them, they’ve not shown the form  of a top 10 team for the last 30 matches!

We haven’t in the last 7 games including failure to beat Stoke and Swansea at home. 
We had an excellent run when the pressure was off   We gained momentum when and we looked dead and buried. Since we’ve been close and the pressure has ramped up, the players and Danny have crumbled. Sad but true

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's so deflating, frustrating whatever you wanna call it 

Whilst it's still mathematically possible i'll stay positive that we can get out of it but games are running out and other results constantly go against us

Anything less than a win vs Blackburn and it's over 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

We haven’t in the last 7 games including failure to beat Stoke and Swansea at home. 
We had an excellent run when the pressure was off   We gained momentum when and we looked dead and buried. Since we’ve been close and the pressure has ramped up, the players and Danny have crumbled. Sad but true

Should be fine then since you say we are now dead and buried.

38 minutes ago, scram said:

The way Blackburn played today its gonna be tough going there and winning

They surprised me tbh

Nothing surprises me now. 

We could reel off shock result after shock result, so they’ve become commonplace.

I agree with the OP. 

I’ve always thought we’ll beat Sunderland, if we had to. I think West Brom will be treading on egg-shells by our game. So it’s all about beating Blackburn, which would make for a very exciting finish.

🤞