The maths - stay positive!

Just now, scram said:

The way Blackburn played today its gonna be tough going there and winning

They surprised me tbh

Yep but you wouldn’t have said that after their midweek capitulation.

I also thinks it helps us psychologically that they’d definitely take a point if offered now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

We’ve won four in a row this season.

Dont think we could have better matches to be honest. Win at Blackburn an we’ll stay up.

Couldn't have had a much better game at this stage than Stoke at home, but good luck with the mindless optimism! 

• Like 5

I can’t see a second side to overhaul.

After the recent results I think it would have been Stoke and Huddersfield.

Though I’m just very moody right now that may cloud it.

Maybe we’ll go beat Blackburn. Maybe Stoke will lose that day and Hudders will lose to Swansea.

Problem is we just haven’t done it on our patch when needed.

Stoke were poor.

• Like 6

4 points from Stoke and Blackburn would have been great to take us into the final two games. Just need to win at Blackburn now! That said the results of others around us have muddied the waters a little!

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

Couldn't have had a much better game at this stage than Stoke at home, but good luck with the mindless optimism! 

It’s not mindless optimism.

Fans said the same after Boro. A win at QPR and everybody is positive again.

We can beat Blackburn and if we do I think we will stay up.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I know today was disappointing and I know our chances of stopping up are less than they’d have been if we had won - but I have already seen some overreactions about the situation.

If we beat Blackburn - I STILL SAY WE WILL STOP UP!!!

If we win two of our last three matches, we will be on

50 points and we that will almost certainly be enough! I still think it’s unlikely that 21 other teams manage to get there.

That looks difficult, but if we win at Blackburn it’ll definitely look achievable against a team safe in the play offs and a team on the beach since Xmas.

Here is why 50 will probably be enough if we beat Blackburn:-

Blackburn will still be a point away from

50 with remaining matches against Coventry and Leicester.

Plymouth will still need to get two points from

away matches against Stoke, Millwall and home v Coventry. Odds on, but looks more difficult if they lose at Stoke. If they don’t lose at Stoke, it looks a bit scary for Stoke….

…..as they’ll still need two points (or three if they lose to Plymouth) from Southampton away and Bristol

City at home.

QPR also still need three points to get to 50 from

Preston, Leeds and Coventry. Wouldn’t fall off my chair if that didn’t happen.

And here is where it gets far more likely 50

will be enough!

Huddersfield and Birmingham still have to play each other.

if that ends up a draw, Huddersfield can only get to 50 points by winning both their other matches at home to Swansea and away v Ipswich. Birmingham

can only get to 50 points by getting four points from Rotherham (amen) and Norwich.

If Huddersfield beat Birmingham, Birmingham

need to win both of the above. Huddersfield would still need to beat Swansea or Ipswich.

If Birmingham win, Huddersfield look doomed unless they can win at Ipswich. Birmingham would be safe if they then beat Rotherham.

I know people will look at all of the above and think they’ll all happen - because that’s what football fans do! But statistically, it’s more likely they won’t happen than will!

And other teams will definitely be looking at Wednesday’s fixtures thinking we can win two of them (or knowing football fans, they’ll be thinking we definitely will!).

So I know it looks bleak at the moment, but if we beat Blackburn, I promise it’ll look a lot different and everybody will be positive again! Heck, if we beat Blackburn, everybody will be hopeful we can get 51 or 53 points.

So let’s hope 7,000 fans can roar us on to 3 points next Sunday.

But don’t listen to @DSandersonOWL - unless you are so optimistic you think your lottery numbers are dropping tonight - Blackburn is must win!

So was today! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

If it’s blind faith to believe we can win away at Blackburn then we may all give in watching football.

Huddersfield v Swansea

Rotherham v Birmingham

Stoke v Plymouth. 
Likelihood is that even a win at Blackburn won’t get us out of the bottom 3.

In 21 away games we’ve won 5, lost 15, scored just 12 and conceded 40. Only Brum and Toytown are worse. 
There’s no logical reason to believe we avoid relegation I’m afraid. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I know today was disappointing and I know our chances of stopping up are less than they’d have been if we had won - but I have already seen some overreactions about the situation.

If we beat Blackburn - I STILL SAY WE WILL STOP UP!!!

If we win two of our last three matches, we will be on

50 points and we that will almost certainly be enough! I still think it’s unlikely that 21 other teams manage to get there.

That looks difficult, but if we win at Blackburn it’ll definitely look achievable against a team safe in the play offs and a team on the beach since Xmas.

Here is why 50 will probably be enough if we beat Blackburn:-

Blackburn will still be a point away from

50 with remaining matches against Coventry and Leicester.

Plymouth will still need to get two points from

away matches against Stoke, Millwall and home v Coventry. Odds on, but looks more difficult if they lose at Stoke. If they don’t lose at Stoke, it looks a bit scary for Stoke….

…..as they’ll still need two points (or three if they lose to Plymouth) from Southampton away and Bristol

City at home.

QPR also still need three points to get to 50 from

Preston, Leeds and Coventry. Wouldn’t fall off my chair if that didn’t happen.

And here is where it gets far more likely 50

will be enough!

Huddersfield and Birmingham still have to play each other.

if that ends up a draw, Huddersfield can only get to 50 points by winning both their other matches at home to Swansea and away v Ipswich. Birmingham

can only get to 50 points by getting four points from Rotherham (amen) and Norwich.

If Huddersfield beat Birmingham, Birmingham

need to win both of the above. Huddersfield would still need to beat Swansea or Ipswich.

If Birmingham win, Huddersfield look doomed unless they can win at Ipswich. Birmingham would be safe if they then beat Rotherham.

I know people will look at all of the above and think they’ll all happen - because that’s what football fans do! But statistically, it’s more likely they won’t happen than will!

And other teams will definitely be looking at Wednesday’s fixtures thinking we can win two of them (or knowing football fans, they’ll be thinking we definitely will!).

So I know it looks bleak at the moment, but if we beat Blackburn, I promise it’ll look a lot different and everybody will be positive again! Heck, if we beat Blackburn, everybody will be hopeful we can get 51 or 53 points.

So let’s hope 7,000 fans can roar us on to 3 points next Sunday.

But don’t listen to @DSandersonOWL - unless you are so optimistic you think your lottery numbers are dropping tonight - Blackburn is must win!

I like the positive attitude.

If you'd been King Harold at the battle of Hastings you'd have said

'whats the problem I've still got another eye'