Byers is killing it

I spent a good few minutes there working out what on earth "UTMP" was and whether it was "Up The Mighty Pumpkins" 😁

Glad to hear he's doing well. He's obviously a quality, quality midfielder for League One.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Umeeksk said:

I spent a good few minutes there working out what on earth "UTMP" was and whether it was "Up The Mighty Pumpkins" 😁

Glad to hear he's doing well. He's obviously a quality, quality midfielder for League One.

I always thought their nickname was the Tangerines 

• Like 1

I was going to post something similar a few weeks ago that he was doing well at Blackpool...  i knew it would be met with the usual comparison quotes but i firmly believe he should be in our midfield...  as good a servant Palmer has been he is just not good enough for our midfield...  Windass spent most of the first half playing one-twos with Bannan to appear to be involved and did nothing else....  Byers is a clever player and would influence, break up and contribute more than those two.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

At that level, he's one of the best midfielders in the division. 

No idea why he seemed to struggle so much this season. Perhaps the extra physicality of the Championship caught him out, or he was dragged down with the general crapness of what has happened throughout much of this season. 

Needless to say, I'd have rather we kept hold of him, particularly as we never got in a replacement. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 1