Was this pub a Wednesday pub or a United pub?

Such a shame many of those massive city pubs have closed, such a brilliant atmosphere inside them (in the main)... weekend discos and other events. Proper community /Sheffielder together type vibes.

You just don't get that in the likes of "All Bar One" and similar places.

• Like 1

Used to go in the wapentake before city hall concerts.   Local bands on sometimes.  A bar football table, proper pub atmosphere.

A bit later on they used to do cheap dinner time meals.   

A posh bar called Henrys opened opposite later, they couldn't have been more different.  I was a wapentake man 😉

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, OneEightSixSeven said:

What about The Limit

Cant ever remember a football fight in the Limit, and I was in there every Thursday Friday and Saturday, that was the one and only time I saw U2 live as well, before stardom went to Bono’s head.

3 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

Cant ever remember a football fight in the Limit, and I was in there every Thursday Friday and Saturday, that was the one and only time I saw U2 live as well, before stardom went to Bono’s head.

there was at the doorway mate 😂

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Owling Wolfe said:

Always full of Wednesday when I went in and no there wasn’t any football fights in there. 
As far as I remember in the 70’s this was a Wednesday owned town, Blunts never really came on till the mid 80’s.. My memory of it anyhow.

• Like 1