‘What we need’: Danny Röhl’s list of improvements for Sheffield Wednesday has to wait for now

Posted (edited)

'It will come as a relief for Wednesdayites that Röhl, who has overseen such a huge turnaround since joining the Owls, has plans for his future at S6, and having worked with the likes of Bayern Munich and the German national team he’ll have got used to certain standards.'

Over to you, Chansiri.

Edited by Almat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Röhl could generate the funds by saving paying out for players we have no intention of playing.  That’s a criticism of Chansiri by the way.

• Like 5

In my view, if Danny was allowed a reasonable budget and given free reign at implementing his wish list, we could be pushing top 8 next season with a play off shot. 

• Like 3

Promising, in that he acknowledges it can't all be done at once, but worrying, in that he thinks these are essential and if Chansiri doesn't agree to at least some, there 's a good chance he'd walk.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

In my view, if Danny was allowed a reasonable budget and given free reign at implementing his wish list, we could be pushing top 8 next season with a play off shot. 

Provided he's happy to do it I think Röhl bringing in frees and loans that he deems suitable with the top level coaching could be a top 10 side.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I can't think of another Wednesday manager I've had as much confidence in.

Give the bloke what he needs to do his job and we might just make a go of things.

Surely it's Chansiri's best hope of ever seeing a return on his 'investment'?

Does he even realise what he's got, though?

A certain Steely Dan lyric comes to mind: "Well, you wouldn't even know a diamond if you held it in your hand,

The things you think are precious I can't understand..."

I prefer Sham 69.

“Come on come on
Hurry up Danny come on
Come on come on
Hurry up Danny come on
We're going to the Prem*
We're going to the Prem”

*If you prefer, League 1.

33 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Provided he's happy to do it I think Röhl bringing in frees and loans that he deems suitable with the top level coaching could be a top 10 side.

Which division though, that’s the question. 

Interesting game Danny's playing here. He's being very clear that improvements need to be made for progress to be achieved, and for him to stay. It's perhaps the kind of clarity and assertiveness that is giving Chansiri a clear choice: do things Danny's way and get a chance of success; continue on our current course and fail.

Whatever Chansiri chooses, it puts Danny in a very strong position - whether that's continuing with us or being snapped up elsewhere. 

• Like 7

Time for Owlstalk to sort the list for Danny and coaching team

Let’s go

1. Get the apprentices up on the west stand roof with some scrubbing brushes and get rid of the faded Presto sign

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2