‘What we need’: Danny Röhl’s list of improvements for Sheffield Wednesday has to wait for now

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Strix said:

Interesting game Danny's playing here. He's being very clear that improvements need to be made for progress to be achieved, and for him to stay. It's perhaps the kind of clarity and assertiveness that is giving Chansiri a clear choice: do things Danny's way and get a chance of success; continue on our current course and fail.

Whatever Chansiri chooses, it puts Danny in a very strong position - whether that's continuing with us or being snapped up elsewhere. 

Surely even Chansiri will know just how popular Danny is with the staff and crucially the customers as he so stupidly calls them. Whether his thought processes allow him to realise the absolute sh.itshow that will ensue should he be seen as the catalyst for Röhl leaving I'm not sure.

We can only hope.

Edited by Almat
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sham67 said:

Röhl could generate the funds by saving paying out for players we have no intention of playing.  That’s a criticism of Chansiri by the way.

I agree, we coud easily manage with a smaller squad. Why have players like, Fletcher, Gregory, Wilks, & Hendrick on the payroll when they have little or no chance of playing. This isn't a criticism of the players or of Danny Rohll, but non of those players have made a significant contribution this season.

• Like 2

This Danny have no ambition, I ignore him.

Trouble is you English and your stupid language are totally without clue. You think I know fizz nothing, well let me tell you I know fizz all!

:Chansiri:

Edited by Utah Owl
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I can't think of another Wednesday manager I've had as much confidence in.

Give the bloke what he needs to do his job and we might just make a go of things.

Surely it's Chansiri's best hope of ever seeing a return on his 'investment'?

Does he even realise what he's got, though?

A certain Steely Dan lyric comes to mind: "Well, you wouldn't even know a diamond if you held it in your hand,

The things you think are precious I can't understand..."

It's a German thing, tend to be reliable. Issue is initial purchase price and running costs tend to be a little higher....but you get what you pay for and overall better value in the long run.

You know what, if Chansiri released a statement saying Röhl had signed a new contract and he believes in his vision and will fully back him, I MIGHT actually forgive him for the last 8 years of misery.

How an earth he has found DR I'll never know but for the love of God don't mess up the absolute gem you have in your hands. 

This guy could make you millions.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I can't think of another Wednesday manager I've had as much confidence in.

Give the bloke what he needs to do his job and we might just make a go of things.

Surely it's Chansiri's best hope of ever seeing a return on his 'investment'?

Does he even realise what he's got, though?

A certain Steely Dan lyric comes to mind: "Well, you wouldn't even know a diamond if you held it in your hand,

The things you think are precious I can't understand..."

Reelin' In The Years, one of the all time classic rock songs!

• Like 1

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

One of my dad's favourite bands.

And mine.

And now my son's.

Just don't lose that number Rikki!

• Love 1

Basically he is saying back my ways and i will definitely be staying. I genuinely think he would love to advance the club and really understands the way forward. His CV tells you that and it would be monumentally idiotic not to give this guy to follow his vision he is going to be big and he is the best option at this time for us to develop and become successful.

For DC this is his biggest decision since he arrived, get it wrong and we are stuffed the same ways can't continue. 

• Like 2

DC: Why do you want new training balls Danny, there's nothing wrong with the ones we've got.

IMG_0282.webp.cf61d46127cc5488e765c38176959bfb.webp

Edited by mogbad
  • Haha 1